Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Oct 27, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Hardibacker vs Wonderboard for Wall Tiles
    Anyone have advice on which of these is better as a substrate for a tiled shower wall?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Oct 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
    I like to use the 1/2" wonder board (durarock) on the walls because it has the beveled edges like drywall so the joint can be meshed taped and sealed over with thinset.

On floors I like to use the 1/4" hardibacker because its more ridged than the 1/4" durarock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Wonderboard or Sheetrock? [ 12 Answers ]

This is not REALLY a plumbing question, but the experts here might be able to help. My tile man has installed "waterproof" sheetrock (green) on the walls that he is about to tile in a renovated bathroom. I heard that for a bathroom, one should use WonderBoard instead, because of its superior...

Removing Hardibacker [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing some tile and installing a wood floor. The tile is on hardibacker which is screwed and mortered to a plywood subfloor. What is the best tool and method to remove the hardibacker?

Floor Tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My home is over 5 years old and I would like to install floor tiles, so, my question is, what do I have to do to the old concrete floor before I install the tiles. Thank you, Rhondine

View more questions Search