Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 25, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Thickness of Hardwood Flooring
    I want to use Bellawood on my kitchen floor when I remodel it. I'm going to scrape up all the old tile down to the subfloor which is plywood. I was originally looking at 3/4" wood flooring, but this morning I recieved an Email from Lumber Liquidators (Same place I plan on buying anyway) stating that they have 3/8" Bellawood on sale in the same color I was going to get in the 3/4" thick stuff. My question is, will 3/8" be Ok to use and why do they make such different thicknesses? The subfloor is solid, so there is no problem there. Big price difference, too... Any help would be appreciated...
    renolenny Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2006, 05:47 PM
    I would definitely not install the 3/8 flooring it will not stnd up to the traffic, flooring is a big investment, and it pays to buy the best you can afford. Think about the cost being spread out over 5 to ten years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Hardwood flooring glue on sheetrock [ 1 Answers ]

We just had hardwood floors installed, and some of the glue got on our door jams and sheetrock. Do you have any suggestions for getting it off the sheetrock. We have started scraping it off the door jams, and will probably sand them and repaint, but I'm not sure what to do with the sheetrock. ...

Hair Thickness [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I used to have quite thick hair until I started dying it black (for an ex who loved dark hair) and as time went by I kept dying it myself however instead of just doing my roots I would foolishly empty the whole bottle of dye onto my head and it just got thinner and thinner, along with letting...

Removing glue from just-installed maple hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed new maple flooring. I used PL400 glue under to start the first few rows. How do you get the excess glue off the floor safely? I tried Goo-gone, varsol, stain be-gone... nothing works. When you touch the floor, your finger prints remain and will not come off. :confused: ...

View more questions Search