Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sage8765 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
    My kichen sink is going to kill me.
    Well I have water filling my double sink and drains very slow! So I drain it through my p trap tighten every thing back up and the same thing happens again. I've tried snaking it plunging it taking it apart and putting back togeather!!
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Mar 26, 2009, 12:01 PM

Maybe there is something caught that is causing buildup that snaking it can't catch? Have you tried Drain-o or a similar chemical to maybe eat it away?
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2009, 12:35 PM

Did this problem just start? Do you know how the sink is vented? (a vertical pipe that allows air into the system to help draining)? It may be blocked. You may have an AAV (a mechanical device that lets air in, you would most likely be able to see it as a vertical extension of the drain pipe under the sink). If so it may have gone bad.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 26, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sage8765 View Post
    well I have water filling my double sink and drains very slow! So I drain it through my p trap tighten every thing back up and the same thing happens again. I've tried snaking it plunging it taking it apart and putting back togeather!!

As a repair plumber I have never recommended using harsh chemicals. In your drainage system. Besides they only seem to work in TV commercials and when you try to remove the water you could burn your hands or damage your eyes. What do you mean.
    I drain it through my p trap tighten every thing back up and the same thing happens again
    Have you removed the "J" bend from the trap and run a snake up in the wall? (see image) You will run into a bend about 8 inches in but once around that you only have 5 more feet os snake to put out. After, flush wtha tub full of hot water. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Mar 26, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by h_leann_b View Post
    Maybe there is something caught that is causing buildup that snaking it can't catch? Have you tried Drain-o or a similar chemical to maybe eat it away?
    yes I used drain-o but nothing I also snaked about 20 feet!

Mar 26, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 435Studio View Post
    Did this problem just start? Do you know how the sink is vented? (a vertical pipe that allows air into the system to help draining)? It may be blocked. You may have an AAV (a mechanical device that lets air in, you would most likely be able to see it as a vertical extension of the drain pipe under the sink). If so it may have gone bad.
    Well I can not see it! My sink is in a 1969 double wide if that helps any. But there is a pipe that leads in to the wall and I have no idea if its going up or down??
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 02:07 PM

I would also not recommend using chemicals. Snake it well with 3/8" snake several times. Use wide cutter tip. Flush well with clean water. Also, you can insert hose and run it for few minutes .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

KIchen Water [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my kitchen water flowing after it was just running 5 minutes before. All the other outlets are working fine

Kichen Aid Dishwasher child lock always on [ 1 Answers ]

The Kitchen Aid dishwasher model KUDS25SHBS1 is on child lock. The manual suggests that you must hold in the "Energy Saver/Dry" button for 4 seconds to reset it. I tried this a few times and it did no good. I disconnected power for a day and I got the same result. I think that it is the control...

How to remove farmica adhesive from tiles and graynite kichen top? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently my kichen was made by carpenter who worked carelessly n so much of adhesive name samad bond plastic like very quicly fix kind of adhesive is now on flooring (tiles) plus on counter topn (graynite) how I can remove it

Low water pressure in kichen sink only [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I read the other answers you gave for the same problem I'm having but why would I be having good pressure all through the rest of the house ? I changed faucet shout off the t I don't no what else to try I seen you said try the hot water tank but that don't make sense help thanks

Kichen Plumbing connections [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kichen sink with a garbage disposal. Do you have a diagram of the hookup available?

View more questions Search