Installing ceramic tile
    I am tiling my bathroom shower.
    The back wall is49 inches across. My ceramic tiles are
    6 inches wide. What size spacers can I use to keep
    From cutting my tile?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 10:08 PM

How about measuring 49" out on floor and laying the tile out and thats what you will have left for grout spacers. To tweak tile usually means no spacers. Snap a center line in the pattern and work from center or OFF center to help space the tile.

You better hope the 49" is perfect. If not then a disaster is here. Cutting tiles makes up for the micro out of square on corners.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2009, 12:30 AM

Hi toolman

U would need to use 1/8" spacers.This will give u 1/16" on each side to play with. U would have to tile back wall first. If wall is wider in spots, the side wall tile will pick up come of this area. If wall is narrower, u can use nippers to cut tile.

21Boat is right about laying out on floor and measuring the balance.

Not all 6" tile measure exactly 6 inches.

If walls are out of plumb u could end up in trouble getting a good finish.

The best way would be to plumb a center line and work off that. This will give u equal pcs. At each wall.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm installing 18 " ceramic tile on my remodeled bathroom wall. [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard of some people say that when hanging tile on walls that youuse ceramic tile adhesive instead of thinset mortar. But they say go ahead use thin set on the floor. Does anyone know if it is better to use adhesive on walls??

Installing ceramic ceiling tile in a bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

What are some key techniques for tiling a ceiling with 6" X 6" ceramic ceiling tile? Do you do a couple tiles (4?) at a time and then put a piece of plywood up and wedge a 2x4, 2x2 up and let dry? 5.) Do you apply the thinset to the tile first then put on the ceiling?What type of thinset do you...

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

I am installing ceramic tile on the bathroom ceiling - without it droppong off. [ 2 Answers ]

1.) Do you apply the thinset to the tile first then put on the ceiling? 2.) What type of thinset do you recommend for ceiling application? 3.) What type of trowel do you recommend (U or V shaped)? How big? 4.) How much thinset do you apply to the tile or backerboard? 5.) How do you grout the...

View more questions Search