Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kefbritt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Replacing windows in a cinderblock/stucco house
    Hello,
    We have a cinderblock construction house with stucco on the outside. We'd like to replace the windows, but don't know how to get the old ones out without damaging the stucco. Can anyone provide any advice?
    Thank you!
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 01:16 AM

Can you give more detail on the widows there and if it has brick mold on the outside trim.
    I'm curious why you need to take the whole window out. Normally "replacement windows" uses the original gambs and the out side old window stops. The middle stop is removed on a double hung window.
    What style of window is there now and what style is the replacements.
    Now if you for some reason still want the old window gone If its wood trim outside carefully pry of old exterior wood trim. Do the same for the inside trim and apron under-sill, look for the side nails holding the window and Sawzall out the old nails and remove old window.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foggy windows in my house [ 17 Answers ]

I have several double pane windows that are foggy. I don't want to replace the entire window - just the panes. Is that possible? They are aluminum - I'm guessing @15 years old. I already contacted one home improvement company (who advertised fixing this exact type of problem) but they told...

Replacing house ground [ 4 Answers ]

Cleaning up around the house I noticed the main ground wire is in pretty rough shape. When I say rough shape it's only got a couple of copper strands holding it to the ground rod. Could I sink a new ground rod right next to the old one and run it into the house where the ground wire is not...

Replacing windows in load bearing wall. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello - I am in the process of replacing all of the windows in my house, a few at a time. I am replacing the entire windows, casing and all, i.e. taking the existing windows out down to the rough opening. My contractor came out to measure the existing windows along with the marvin window guy so...

Replacing basement windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all. I want to replace the basement windows. My house is 5 years old and the basement windows are only single pane. I have changed windows before but not with metal surrounds. How is the metal window held in the concrete wall? What kind of fasteners do you use to install the windows? ...

Replacing shower in older house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the process of replacing a shower stall in an upstairs bathroom. The problem is that my drain line for the shower is only 1 1/2" rather than 2" as is apparently the standard and size of all drains that I have seen. There was an old shower stall there but the drain leaked horribly and...

View more questions Search