Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkpanthernot Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround
    I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower.
    Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I remove the 'lip' upon which the old sliding shower door frame sits).
    The center of the drain opening is 9" from the plumbing wall and not quite centered between the two tub walls. There is a small window in the tiled cement block wall opposite the shower doors. I can remove the 'lip' and gain another 5 or so inches in width.
    Question: Is there a tub/shower surround that will work in the allotted space?
    If so, how can I fill the 6" depth to bring the whole thing to floor level?
    And: How will the new tub drain line up with the old opening?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Dave

Check out some similar questions!

Shower or tub surround replacement [ 5 Answers ]

Considering replacing my Bathtub/shower surround. Can anyone tell me if the drywall is going to have to go as well because of the glue which was used in order to install the thing in the first place? I'm thinking it's going to tear drywall paper on the way out? Any kind of solvent avail? Thanks

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Replacing sunken tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have removed a sunken tub from a rancher built on a slab. There is a 6 inch well which allowed the sunken tub. I am putting in a barrier free prefab shower base. The shower base will take up the same area as the old tub, but the special purchase shower base has the drain in the centre...

Tub surround [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im redoing a bathroom and replacing the tub surround. The wall behind only has greenboard about 3 ft up from the tub and some of the paper came off when I took the old surround out. Do I need to cut out the dry wall and greenboard out where I put in the new surrond? Thanks

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.