Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    george1744 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Cinder block resurface
    I have to resurface cinder block piers under my manufactured home to meet FHA requirements. What is the fastest way to get it done.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Dec 16, 2008, 07:57 AM

I believe you have to morter the blocks, fastest way would be to hire someone to do it who has experience with FHA foundations. See this link, there is all the info you could need in the handbook link to the right side of the page:

Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 10:24 AM

Fastest?

Cover it in skirting,like the type used on mobile home trailers.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Dec 16, 2008, 12:03 PM

I don't think skirting is enough for FHA, in order to qualify for financing you will need to follow the guidelines in the link I posted.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 01:27 PM

I really don't know the guidelines,just an idea(it would the fastest and would cover anything the inspectors might 'see')
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 01:29 PM

I am a mason and your question is worded oddly. There is no such thing as re mortar block. Do you mean parging/coating with mortar? To re mortar means in the mason world. Is re pointing. Is this what you mean ? Or is the block stacked dry on the peirs that's holding the homeup and it is behind the skirting? Or do you have block façade as opposed to skirting? And the Insp. Wants them parged and there is none there now? Or is it old and was parged before and now it needs parged in spots or all needs redone ? Code now is hurrcian straps to laid block or to footer (inthe south.) Iam in the north Get back and I can understand your sistuation now that you know the lingo.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 09:33 PM

Are we talking manufactured or mobile home here? We do need more info because I have never heard of anyone talk of resurfacing block.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut doorway through cinder block [ 7 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure to cut a doorway through cinder block? The cinder block wall is an interior wall that I want to access through from one room to another? It is not a weight bearing wall.

Mount LCD into Cinder block [ 4 Answers ]

Can I mount a LCD (40 inch / 50 lbs) into cinder block hosting a wood burning stove's chimney? Please help me assess the possible installation of LCD screen on family room wall. It's a ranch house, the wall runs orthogonal to attic joist. It the longest interior wall, I assume it is load...

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

Is it Cinder Block Mold [ 1 Answers ]

A small room in the basement houses the furnace, electric water heater, water well pump and a crock in the floor with water which is pumped out a couple times daily. This room has been a bit humid as the rest of the basement. Black areas have appeared on the cinder block walls. With a finder wipe...

Covering cinder block [ 7 Answers ]

Our family is relocating and we're looking at buying a house with block foundation, conventional frame, vinyl siding and a Basement. The concern I have (only viewed it on-line) is the walkout basement is exposed cinder block. Is it possible to put vinyl siding on cinder block (home was built in...

View more questions Search