Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Verosc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Have put in a new marble floor, but some of the marble tile have cracks and need to remove them.
    Problem is that when I remove one, it cracks all the other marble tile around it.
    This is a new floor and it is over concrete that was levelled.
    HELP PLEASE
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 06:30 PM
    This is a new question and is supposed to be a separate post but I will leave that to the experts.

The only comment I have on the marble problem is--are you removing the grout from between the tiles completely, before attempting to break up the cracked tile. You may even have to remove the adhesive that connects the tiles all the way down to the concrete, to try and stop the shock from travelling to the other tiles. I think there are small grinders you can use for this task. Why are the tile cracking. I hope the levelled concrete isn't on an inadequate base.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Moved to new thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paint over marble [ 7 Answers ]

Can marble be primed and painted like some tiles?

Process for tile over poured marble shower floor [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper process for tile over previously poured marble shower floor? ATTN PROS: i.e. type of setting mortar, securing with metal lathe? ETC.

Marble flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings.. Firstly I would like to know if this site is for the USA or UK as my question is in regard to my house in the UK. My ground floor is concrete and carpeted,I was thinking of changing to marble(creme marfil),but I was advised not to.the reason is in winter my heating bill will sore.how...

Granite vs. Marble [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently installed new cupboards in the kitchen and would like to install marble tile for the counter-tops. But some lady at color-tile said marble isn't the best choice... and of course I found some really nice marble that would look great?

Cultured Marble Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

OK guys, got to good deal on a large cultured marble tub + surround from local manufacter. My first pick was a large cast iron tub but no way for me to easily move it in the house. Cultured marble man is going to install the tub and surround for me. The material looks very strong and durable. ...

View more questions Search