Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yeow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Laminate floor in the kitchen
    My client wishes to install a high-end Armstrong brand laminate floor in the kitchen (including the sink area). She acknowledges that she occasionally spatters water on the floor. She does not want ceramic tile. I don't consider hardwood a good option.

Is a Armstrong brankd laminate flooring OK for such an area? I propose to start my layout on the far side, so that if water damaged laminate near the sink ever needs to be replaced, it will be a relatively easy task.

Advice, anyone? Thanks,
    Yeow (my cat's name!)
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Apr 6, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Yeow you can install laminate fairly worry free in kitchens I have done both laminate and hardwood in kitchens and it looks great when you say laminate I'm guessing you're referring to the snap together planks if this is the case there are acouple of ways to do it you can either just lock the pieces in as usual or you can actually glue the planks together as you go that's what I did in my kitchen (two teenage daughters lol). As for armstrong being a good brand they are one of the better ones in my opinion. Also in my kitchen I filled the expansion gap along the perimiter with silicone before installing trim. MY kitchen has been done over 3 years now and no worries and believe me stuff does get spilled quick clean up is what's important just like any floor. I hope this helps GOOD LUCK, AC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate floor [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to clean a laminate floor... I have a mohawk and it is horrible to keep clean... there is always foot prints and just cleaning it doesn't really come clean I tried a bunch of different cleaners and they all work the same so I was wondering if anyone knew...

Laminate floor help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here but have a terrible problem with a laminate floor we laid about 18 months ago. We laid the floor on top of a well kept, still stuck, vinyl floor. Then the underlayment and then the laminate floor. This is in the kitchen Now here is my problem- in front of the sink,...

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a steam mop be used on a laminate floor

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search