Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normasusan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Installing shower base for scratch
    I would like to know how to go about using cement to create a shower base for a shower
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Hey Normasusan... Ballengerb1... a well experienced gent. On this site has posted this page to many different posts about this subject... hope it helps. It has a great breakdown (with pics! ).

How to Build a Shower Pan

If this helped please let him know.. he is super easy to find on the plumbing and home improvement pages of this site. Just click on name and send a pm to him letting him know you liked the article... and how you found it! Thanks.
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Really great into on this subject over here

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile - powered by vBulletin

He also sells a book which is top notch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing shower base [ 6 Answers ]

Tom, I have a new question. In setting a shower base, on concrete, how much mortar should a person spread, just a couple inches around the drain? Or, should it be more than that. Also, what's the deal in the instructions about putting plastic over the mortar? The base wouldn't be stuck down with...

Shower base... [ 7 Answers ]

Not sure if this is a pluming question or tiling question, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm still working on my master bathroom project (some of you may remember me from my "moving a toilet" question). Well, everything is roughed in in its new locations and I am starting to...

Building my shower pan from scratch. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've built a bathroom in my basement and am now starting on the shower. I realize I need to install a rubber membrane before anything else, going up the walls at least six inches. After that I would need to install my drain, which has a total of three parts to it. I've already put in the...

Installing a base molding to a wall that has metal stud [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for help on installing base molding, and so far everything I have seen tells you to install the molding to the wall by nailing it to the stud. My question is; what happens if the stud in the wall is metal, would that nail hold securely in the metal stud? If not what...

Installing a shower base in the basement [ 17 Answers ]

We bought a home that already had a sewage pump installed in the basement with three drains already installed in the concrete floor that leads to this pump's tank. One was for a toilet (which is covered), another is for a sink (which at present is in use) and the third is a drain pipe (rubber...

View more questions Search