Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needalift Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Level a cement floor
    I have a very large garage and plan to enclose the back portion. The area will be roughly 400sq ft (16 x 25). The problem is there is a 3 inch slope from the back to the front of the area. The surface is smooth concrete with no cracks. I live in FL so there is no freezing.

What is the best way to level the floor when taking into account the large area?
    What is the most economical way? I don't want to put down a wood sub floor.

I've seen floor leveling compounds but not sure if they can cover a 3 inch depth.
    Is it a bad idea to correct a big portion of the leveling with poured concrete and then finish with a leveling compound of about 1/2 inch?

Thanks for your help!
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Feb 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Your best bet would be to level the entire area with another cement pour. The leveling material will not give you the needed slope fill. Question, do you need to level the floor?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Think this may be what you're looking for -- self leveling

Floor Underlayments by Hacker Industries Inc. - underlayment - 800.642.3455

Maybe someone else has a better idea -- Watch the video Floor

Floor Underlayments - Hacker Industries Inc. - 800.642.3455 - Video

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Shower on cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

I want to add a shower to our basement, the plumbing is not there. How do I put the shower plumbing in? Do I have to cut into the main pipe for the shower? Do I have to cut into the cement, or can the plumbing be installed above the cement? Thanks

Leak under cement floor [ 4 Answers ]

I am a American missionary in the Philippines. In my house I have a major leak and I don't know where. I don't want to tear up all my floors looking for it. Is there a way to seal the leak like the radiator leak stuff? I read about a company called Sleuth that locates slab leaks that we use, but...

3" toilet stack is not level coming out of cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just finished chipping the cement away and cutting my stack down to the proper height to mount my flange, but unfortunately the 3" vertical stack is not level coming out of the cement floor. When I dry fit my flange it is lower on one side by about a 1/2". Any Idea on what my options...

Vinyl flooring over cement floor [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy some cheap remnant vinyl to put over my cement basement floor where my laundry room is... I have found the 6'by 9' vinyl but I don't know what I need to use for and adhesive to put it over the current cement floor. Anyone who can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

View more questions Search