Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erikburian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 12:55 AM
    Cutting installed Corian top for new oven
    I need to cut a Corian countertop to convert a drop-in cooktop to a slide-in gas range. I need to remove the front section and slightly enlarge the cutout. How do I cut it without risk of destroying the rest of my countertop?

Thanks,
    Erik
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Use a circular saw with a 40 tooth carbide blade to cut front section out. Set up edge guides, glued to counter top with hot melt glue, and use router with carbide bit to enlarge cut out or trim edges. A laminate trimmer may be necessary if you need to trim close to the backsplash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting existing laminate counter top [ 3 Answers ]

Help, I am looking to do a low cost reno to my kitchen. I am hoping to reconfigure the existing lower cabinates and as a result need to cut the existing counter top. I have heard different comments as to how successful this can be. I need to cut the length to make a join and also remove an edge in...

Cutting corian counter top [ 6 Answers ]

What tools and what method can I use to enlarge a corian counter top cut out for a cooktop. I need to enlage the cutout by about 5/16 in in one dimension and 3/16 inch the other. The couter top is about 1 inch thick.

Corian Counter top installation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 2 sheets of corian counter top from a builder friend of mine, how do I install and what do I use to cut it?

View more questions Search