Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Dec 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Chat Room?
    Do you think it would be cool if there was a chat room here?

The main room would be for people to get instant help,

And then there could private rooms and you can talk to people privately and such, I just think it would make the community here closer and people can talk easier and such.

That is all mates
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
    That sounds cool! Is that what The Lounge is supposed to be? Thanks for introducing the idea. I hope others like it too.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    That sounds cool! Is that what The Lounge is supposed to be? Thanks for introducing the idea. I hope others like it too.
    I would say that's the Lounge... we have several on here. You are welcome to come for a visit anytime Sgt. Try Pink and Black #8 or the Virtual Bar (we don't check ID often, LOL)... we welcome newcomers!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Yep exactly rpg more than enough chatty threds this site really isn't about talk in the sense of chat rooms it's a question and answer site we are here to help each other primarily.
    I also feel that the mods and admin have more than enough to do watching all the sections here chat rooms would open us up to alsorts of abuse and rubbish hense why so many of the large co. stopped using them as well as the safety aspect.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 06:18 PM
    NO NO NO, no chat rooms here!! I have enough on my plate moderating the regular boards, and I only do this part-time.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:20 PM
    My vote is no chat rooms. There is a plethora of chat rooms on the web and I appreciate the Help Desk being just what it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Since 1999, I've been a member of a private, self-moderated chat room whose members are about 40 women from all over the world plus one gay guy from Toronto. We share recipes, parenting problems, new book and movie suggestions--you name it! It would be difficult to duplicate that nowadays. AMHD does offer many opportunities for more personal interaction, such as the site mail and Lounge posts. And we want J_9 to remain sane.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
    we want J_9 to remain sane.
    J has never been sane to begin with, we just don't want her to go over the edge... Where is my pea green mug? Who took my shirt?

Unfortunately, we maintain a semblance of excellence here. We cannot be online 24/7 and that is what a chat room on this site would require. It may sound great for the youngsters, but for those of us who work here for free on our own spare time, it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Now gimme back my mug!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Now gimme back my mug!!!!
    There are two unfamiliar mugs hanging on my mug tree. One says, "Because I said so..." and the other says, "Wild Woman." Is either one yours?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Since 1999, I've been a member of a private, self-moderated chat room whose members are about 40 women from all over the world plus one gay guy from Toronto. We share recipes, parenting problems, new book and movie suggestions--you name it! It would be difficult to duplicate that nowadays. AMHD does offer many opportunities for more personal interaction, such as the site mail and Lounge posts. And we want J_9 to remain sane.
    Sadly me dear I can garrentee that wouldn't be the case here you have no idea what gets deleted and the people that are removed on a daily basis to allow you to view the site as you do, just remember this is a massive site and relates to thousends of people not 40 or 50 and the moderators and admin do there jobs for love nothing but that no more no less.
    gvn Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2010, 04:35 AM

So is this chat room here to know each other ? Make friends?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Looking for a chat [ 3 Answers ]

Hey my name is Kate, I'm from Melbourne Australia and I'm just looking for someone to share my problems. I have a few issues with my family and also memorys that keep pestering me. I hope there's someone out there that won't mind having a chat to me. Thanks xx look forward to hearing from you

I want a chat room [ 7 Answers ]

We need some sort of chatroom on this site I think it would be cool

View more questions Search