Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wlkr95 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Laminate Stairs
    I currently have wooden stairs and I am replacing the carpet in my home with laminate and in some rooms hardwood. Can I use the leftover laminate on my stairs? If not, how hard is it to replace the carpet on my stairs with tile? I saw tile steps before but I am not sure if it was ceramic or marble.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Nov 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
    To do this and stay in code want happen, and you can take the treads of and then lay the tile because there nothing left to lay the tile on. If you lay the tile on the treads it will throw the rise of the steps off. Id stay away from doing this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Flooring - Stairs [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am trying to use leftovers from my living room and do the laminate stairs. The only thing that I have a problem with are the edges. The only thing that I found available is the aluminum stair edges but the look way too ugly. Also my laminate has underlyer glued to it already so if I...

Laminate floors and stairs [ 4 Answers ]

My brother and I are installing Laminate floors in a house and we are getting into the stair work now. The question is can we use underlayment for use with the laminate flooring and still nail it down to the stairs? Another question is it okay to butt the edges to the sides of the stairs that...

Installing laminate flooring on stairs-overhang not tall enough [ 2 Answers ]

When attempting to install laminate flooring on our stairs, my husband and I have found that the stair bull nose dose not completely cover the underlying stair. The step is 3/4'” while the bull nose is 3/8”, leaving 3/8” showing. One person suggested that we cut down the part of the step that is...

Set of stairs [ 2 Answers ]

On a set of stairs, is the rise always bigger than the run?

Glass stairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hiiii Any one help me about glass stairs construction treads, glass spacifation, measures.. and for necessary pictures

View more questions Search