Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ragvals Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Paint rollers
    How do I keep a used paint roller from drying out between uses: several days?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Take a few old grocery bags the plastic ones and wrap them in it, also foil is good as well. I like to use saran wrap or the plastic from dry cleaners. I find it works better. Make sure they stay as cool as possible.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 5, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Take a few old grocery bags the plastic ones and wrap them in it, also foil is good as well. I like to use saran wrap or the plastic from dry cleaners. I find it works better. Make sure they stay as cool as possible.
    This is correct for laytex paints, not oil,
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Glavine I was speaking of latex, guess I should have noted. But, I've done this for oil if I am going to use it the next day. I dip the brush and wrap it while it is quite wet. I am not doing this for jobs that I am getting paid for this is in my own home with my own projects. I change colors quite often on things/walls and do most of the painting myself. However I am not a professional painter and I needed to mention that in my post.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 5, 2007, 05:25 AM
    My Names Not Galvine Lol. Its Glavine Lol. Yea I Figured It Was Laytex, Ive Tried It With Oil But It Did Work With Me, But I Didn't Dip It And Then Wrap It, I Can't Stand Oil, I Usually Just Through Every Thing Away After Im Done,
    A New Brush A Day Will Keep Cleaning The Oily Brush Away
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Aug 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer, thaw out when ready to use again. Works every time, fool proof
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Take you a gallon size zip lock bag, place over the roller head, push out all the excess air you can and then put a rubber band around the open end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to Paint my new Condo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased our first house. It's a two bedroom condo. I haven't painted even a wall before in my life. I asked for different quotes for professional painter, but everything seems to be pretty expensive and out of our budget. I have a 3-month old baby(I am breastfeeding) and 5 days to...

Dynamic Balancing of Rollers. [ 1 Answers ]

I am balancing an aluminium roller using Dynamic balancing machine for G6.3 grade. I find the roller after balancing & assembling on the machine, will rotate. Actually if the roller is balanced it should not rotate in the reverse direction after it comes to rest. Whether the dynamic balancing...

Which Is Better Paint? [ 3 Answers ]

Which Is Better Paint Dunn Edwards Or Frazee In General Or Overall For Interior Painting?

To paint or not to paint [ 1 Answers ]

I will be moving into a new home here in the next few months and the basement will be not finished. I want to do a couple of rooms down there, so how do I prepare the floors, do I paint them with that green paint for basement concrete floors or do I prep it with plywood or paint and then place...

Paint from the same can but look different on the wall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can paint from the same can look different on the wall. I juste painted my office with a semi-gloss paint (I think.. it looks sheen). Few weeks later I have to touch up some part of the wall, so I used the paint that was left. But this time the paint looked flat not glossy like the rest of the...

View more questions Search