Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lenrosenberg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Stick-down tile adhesive removal
    I have an apartment where I put down vinyl composition tiles (1/8" VCT). The tenant covered about 125 square feet of it with stick-down tile. It's a lot of work, but the stick-down tiles can be removed one-by-one with a heat gun. The problem is, how do I remove the adhesive that remains on the VCT so it can be cleaned and waxed? Thanks.
    canadianhotbox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Sorry to say but unless you are going to be down on the floor scrubbing it for the next year the floor is no good. That adhesive is not meant to ever let go, sorry. The best thing you can do is find something to go over it.
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Jul 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
    The sound u hear is the flooring nails going in and out of the wood
    U have to fasten down the bad areas
    Get r done
    How about a rating?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bandage Adhesive Removal [ 20 Answers ]

What household products are good at removing the bandage adhesive from the skin and of course are safe to use.

Adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove some old, but very thin yellow adhesive from a concrete floor. The adhesive was used to glue a carpet to the floor. I have been using diluted muriatic acid and a metal hand-brush ("elbow grease"), but it it really difficult to take it off. It the acid is too strong, it etches...

Old adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the vinyl tiles in my basement to find this old black adhesive painted all over the floor.I was planning on painting the floor-Would I have to remove the adhesive before I could paint the floor ? If so what is the fastest and easiest way of doing so ?

Peel and stick tile [ 4 Answers ]

How can I keep my peel and stick tile from popping up? I've tried sticking more glue on the back of the tile, but that does not work. It is being put on 1/4 plywood subfloor.

Plumbing Adhesive Removal [ 3 Answers ]

[ Can You Suggest A Product That Will Remove Or At Least Soften Dried Adhesive Or Mastic Used To Secure Shower Door Frame To Ceramic Tile Wall. Your Comments Will Be Appreciated. Gandina

View more questions Search