Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llgabris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Painting interior walls
    Does painting an interior wall with two coats of paint instead of only one change the color. For example, does it make the wall color darker, deeper, etc. If the wall color is brighter than you expected, will two coats of paint darken the color a little? Or are you just stuck picking another color?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 07:16 AM
    If you don't like the color a second coat will not change it.

2 coats are good for a more even look or painting a lighter color over a darker color. It will give a better look and hide the color below better. But if you are painting onto a white wall 1 coat should be fine.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
    It will take 2 coats to get the true color of the paint, it will be a deeper tone on the second coat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interior home painting estimate [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have any guidelines/formulas for estimating the cost of interior painting?

Interior Painting Bid [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to paint the interior of 3 apartments and I want to know how much to bid a 1 bedroom apartment 644square feet? I want to know how much to bid a 2 bedroom apartment 844 square feet? I want to know how much to bid a 3 bedroom apartment 960 square feet? Thanks

Painting walls black [ 2 Answers ]

I did not prime the wall before painting it black. I have put 3 coats on. The paint is thick and seems to go on uneven. How do I get a more even coat? Can I thin the paint?:cool:

Painting shower walls [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old, retro 70s shower wall (plastic with gold plating) that needs replacing, but I am on a tight budget. Can I seal and paint the existing shower wall until I am able to rip out and replace? Any advice on how to proceed?

Interior walls [ 6 Answers ]

Is it okay to insulate the interior walls of a basement? How many outlets to a 15 amp and a 20 amp breaker? Is it okay to use 12 gauge wire for the breakers? I'm running wiring to a bath, small kitchen, 1 bedroom, living room and home music studio. And is better to add more outlets to a room or...

View more questions Search