Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canuckonassignment Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Old bath tub faucets without set screws
    Hi all

We are redoing our master bath. The house is 16 years old and the bathtub faucets do NOT have set screws that we can see. There is a small indent on the side of the handle the size of a flat head screwdriver and that's it. My husband is tempted to cut these off... please HELP! I can upload pictures if that will help.

Melissa
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 12, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Yah, upload the pictures.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower and tub valve set [ 6 Answers ]

After having my last dilemna solved here, I figured it was worth another shot. We are attempting to pick out a shower valve for our shower stall. The one set that we like includes a tub faucet that we don't need as the space has a shower stall only, no tub. My question is... is it possible and...

Leaky Tub faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what makes the valves inside the hot and cold handles on a tub leak.. Then how do I remove the stems and make sure they are still sealled correctly? I know to turn water off.. I just want to know how to back out the stems and explore for damage or replacement vaulves?

Tub faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get the estuechon(flared shell) off tub faucets to replace the washers on the valve stems. They are threaded on and have corroded so badly that I cannot turn them to remove so I can get to the valves. Does anyone have ideas on how I might get these off without tearing them to...

Removing stem bolts from tub faucets [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening! I am trying to remove the bolts that hold the stems of the hot and cold water faucets on the tub. I'm using a cresent wrench and it's almost rounding the edges of the bolt. I've sprayed WD-40 in between the bolt and water pipes but they haven't budged yet... I'm trying to get the...

What type of mortar to set a tub? [ 2 Answers ]

What type for mortar does one buy to set a plastic tub into to make it a bit more solid underfoot? This would be on top of a plywood subfloor. Thanks

View more questions Search