Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodfellas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Granite vs. marble
    I've recently installed new cupboards in the kitchen and would like to install marble tile for the counter-tops. But some lady at color-tile said marble isn't the best choice... and of course I found some really nice marble that would look great?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 09:33 PM
    I'm not an expert in the selection of either. But, in my experience of seeing marble on so many of my customer's counter-tops in their homes and their being very pleased with them, I don't see a problem with marble if it is what you want. Part of what I do for a living is that I am a handyman who does house painting and I am also a piano tuner. I have been in a lot of homes and the conversations with my customers have involved just about everything concerning their homes.

My suggestion is to remember that a sales person is a salesperson. Probably she might be trying to sell you something else where she might make more commission?

In my heart though, I would go with what is in your heart based upon an informed decision.

Hopefully, someone will come along who truly knows counter-top issues.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 29, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Neither are cheap , id preferr granite over marble mainly for the looks, granite is more expensive at around 55per ft, marble is slightly under that. For me marble is more for bathroom vanitys.
    When I think of marble I think of 3/4 thick countertops, for a kitchen I like 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 thick countertops.
    Its your house though get what you like , you've pay for it and live with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Counter -- Marble vs Granite [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 2 bedroom pre-construction condo in Chicago. (mostly as an investment) For the master bathroom I decided to upgrade the counter to marble. (personally - I like marble but I only plan on living there 2 years) A few people have told me granite is a much better choice...

Granite or marble slabe edging- [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a solid piece of granite, about 3/4" thick with a straight cut. Want to do a round edging myself, with grinder/sander type tool. I can get it to desired radius, but not sure how to finish it, to give more smoothness/ polish to match the top surface. I think I need to use various...

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Granite countertops [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the best place to go regarding price and installtion quality, for granite slab countertops? Thank you, KiKi

View more questions Search