Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cayman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Painting walls black
    I did not prime the wall before painting it black. I have put 3 coats on. The paint is thick and seems to go on uneven. How do I get a more even coat? Can I thin the paint?:cool:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Sep 3, 2006, 02:54 AM
    You could probably safely thin the paint a little. Or if your using a brush, try a roller, it will probably go on more evenly and won't leave brush marks.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
    There is a product called Floetrol. It is a "thinner" for latex paint. It help eliminate brush marks and uneveness in the paint application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting over black glue [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed very old vinyl tiles in basement and would like to paint over the black glue which is hard and shiny.

Painting shower walls [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old, retro 70s shower wall (plastic with gold plating) that needs replacing, but I am on a tight budget. Can I seal and paint the existing shower wall until I am able to rip out and replace? Any advice on how to proceed?

Video Walls [ 8 Answers ]

I've been tasked with a project. Basically I need to arrange 4 19" TFT to make one large display and have a smaller display to work off. I can get my head around the large display but can't work out how to have a separate smaller display that shows what is displayed on the large one. Any...

Painting kitchen walls behind cainets [ 2 Answers ]

I had my kitchen walls and ceiling skimmed with a veneer coat of plaster last week. I understand it should dry for several weeks before painting. The cabinet installer is ready to install the new cabinets now. I was thinking it would be best to have the walls painted at least with a primer for...

View more questions Search