Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Glad to hear that the inspector won't be busting your nuts here... but I would still at a minimum run water from a garden hose down every pipe including any vents if accessible for a minimum of 5 minutes each... so that YOU will know there are no leaks... ;)

Good luck!

MARK
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Jul 29, 2009, 10:27 AM

Update:
    The inspector came today and I passed the rough in inspection for framing, plumbing and electrical. (I did all the work except the electrical wiring, some things should be left to a professional ;-)

I was surprised at how "slack" the inspection was. He was only there for about 5-10 minutes, and just basically did a walk through. The only question he asked was about heat (which will be supplied by a mini-split system yet to be installed) other than that he just check the "approved" boxes on the inspection form and said "call me when you have the insulation installed."

Wow! And to think I was sweating this...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2009, 11:32 AM
    We thank you for the update and if you ever need us in the future we're as close as a click. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will this rough in pass inspection? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Doing an extensive DYI rehab on a single family home in NJ. The short question is does this look like it will meet code? The Galvanized Pipe and the cast iron stack it is attached to will be removed when I get this hooked up. My concerns are: I did not put a vent up on the tub on the right...

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

How do I install basement closet flange, with no rough in? [ 1 Answers ]

After I find the soil pipe, which will likely be cast, can I knock a hole in it and use a saddle, and cover it all with concrete?

Newbie question - installing a flange in basement rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

Got a real newbie question. I'm in the final stages of finishing my basement and am turning my attention to the bathroom. Our house is about 6 years old and we had the builder rough-in a 1/2 bath for us (so venting and stub are already present). I have the closet flange just about ready to go...

Toilet Flange on rough in [ 2 Answers ]

What all is involved in mounting a toilet flange to rough in on conrete? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search