Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slarnett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Connecting home theatre system
    Need some help. I am trying to connect a new surround receiver, new dvd, new satellite receiver (all with hdmi ports) to a sony rear projection hd TV with no hdmi ports. How do I hook this all up correctly? Thanks in advance.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 04:53 AM

I've seen HDMI to DVI adapters but I don't believe I've seen an HDMI to RCA (either composite video or Y Pb Pr or Y Cb Cr). Such an adapter would also have to include two RCA adapters for sound.

Here's are some adapter "boxes" that will supposedly do itL

SIIG, Inc. : HDMI to YPbPr/VGA & Audio Converter - (CE-H20511-S1 )

HDMI RGB YPbPr Converter SPDIF Optical Toslink v1.3 Full HD 1080p

I suggest you Google "HDMI to Y Pb Pr" or "HDMI to RCA".

Good luck,
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2009, 10:13 AM

I didn't have a chance to find exactly what you need on this site, but they have great prices on a wide selection of cables, adapters, etc. Have a look:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 05:53 AM

Are you saying all of your Electronics only has HDMI out, No component, no composite?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Need help hooking up following components: sony bravia kdl46S3000, maganavox dvd/vcr combo #mwd2206, scientific atlanta cable box 8300hdc, rca dvr #drc-8052N, and a yamaha rxv583 receiver.

Hooking up Old TV to VCR and Home Theatre System [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a old TV with a coxial input, a VCR with the (red, white, yellow) both input and output and coxial input, and a home theatre DVD player with (red, white, yellow) input. How do I hook it up so the DVD player works on the TV. Can I use the VCR as a modulater or do I need a modulator?...

Setting Up My Home Theatre System [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a HD Digital Television Receiver to add to my Plasma, DVD player/recorder and Surround Sound System. How do I set it up correctly so that my audio comes through the surround sound system and I can record shows from the new receiver? Any help would be SOOOO...

Home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening: how do I hook up my satellite box, home theatre, dvd/vcr and TV? My TV is not digital. I also do not know which cables to us except for the one to the TV. Thank you

View more questions Search