Ripping up kitchen floor

Asked Sep 23, 2008, 05:20 PM 4 Answers
    We have begun ripping up our kitchen floor but cannot find the right tool to reach under the cabinets. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

Last edited by mamscandle; Sep 23, 2008 at 05:34 PM.
    mikedem7's Avatar
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

#2

Sep 23, 2008, 06:28 PM

I have always used a sawsall with a long flexable blade and a wonder bar. You can also buy a tool called a multimaster, which cuts at a 90 degree angle in close quarters.
    ballengerb1's Avatar
    ballengerb1 Posts: 26,088, Reputation: 2202
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

#3

Sep 24, 2008, 06:25 AM

The flooring material likely runs under the cabinet if you are removing the subfloor. Mike's idea should work but space is tight right at the cabinet kick plate. I would get as close as possible with a circular saw set to a depth equal to just the floor. When you reinstall your sub floor you need to match the old sibs thickness.
    mikedem7's Avatar
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

#4

Sep 25, 2008, 03:14 AM

Always consider the dishwasher removal when installing a new floor
    ballengerb1's Avatar
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

#5

Sep 25, 2008, 03:33 PM

Good one RT LOL

Ripping up In Floor Heating [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving into a new house in the next 10 days. My husband is an electrician and is usually very handy but he installed in floor heating in the ensuite and it's not leveled plus we've been told the wires are too close together. My tile guy told us we need to rip up all the wires and re-level the...

Laminate floor in the kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

My client wishes to install a high-end Armstrong brand laminate floor in the kitchen (including the sink area). She acknowledges that she occasionally spatters water on the floor. She does not want ceramic tile. I don't consider hardwood a good option. Is a Armstrong brankd laminate flooring OK...

Kitchen Floor [ 10 Answers ]

Renovating a kitchen at the moment. My question is, should I put the new floor in before or after the new cabinets arrive. I know I would save by installing the floor around the cabinets, but it might be easier to install now, pay more in sq. footage but avoid extra cuts and corners. What is...

Uneven kitchen floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing my kitchen floor and the floor is uneven I am placing a subfloor , would it be better to use individual tiles or whole sheet linoleum,just wondering if I place individuals tiles would the tiles eventually come loose also will the sub-floor even out the floor thanks a lot for any advice

Take a shower to clean kitchen floor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I take a shower, there is water dripping from the ceiling. Not a gush but a steady trickle. I have gone through the typical diagnostic procedures and found the source of problems is the taps and not the drain,the tub or the caulking around tub or adjacent walls. Only when I turn on taps...