Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dulio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 08:27 AM
    How to explain car accident
    Hello' I want to ask a question regarding a car accident. Can someone please help me explain the situation that happened today to the insurance agency.

At 2:50pm On the 12th of August 2012, I was driving on Forbest St (close to Liverpool Hospital) Warwick Farm NSW .
    I was travelling on along the road and stopped and indicated to turn right into the church driveway, when suddenly as I was turning right the vehicle behind me tried to overtake me but instead collided on the right rear side of my vehicle.
    After this happened I asked the other driver of the vehicle if he was all right and we were both fine from the accident. Soon later I called the police and described the matter of the accident. I took the details of the other vehicle involved in the accident but I did not receive the licence and contact details of the other driver because he refused to give me them. Soon later his father arrived and he offered to pay me $500 dollars for the damage caused to my vehicle but I refused to take the offer as I am not aware of the cost of the damage to my vehicle.

I have not yet informed my insurance agency but I will do so today. I am fully insured and I believe that the other driver is at fault of this accident. Although, the other driver is a green P plater whose not insured.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 08:42 AM
    So you don't know who the driver is, don't know the license plate number and have no way to contact them about the accident ?

And after he refused to ID hisself you did not call and have the police come to the scene ?

So you give this story to the insurance company, should have already.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2012, 10:04 AM
    You tell it just the way you did here. You were stopped with your signal on and the other driver tried to pass you unsafely.

I gather you are in the UK where you drive on the left so would have to stop to make a right turn across an oncoming traffic lane. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to explain car accident hitting the driver rear light cover [ 1 Answers ]

I was hit from behind on the driver's side while turning right into a roundabout by a lady's off side front bumper. I am having difficulty explaining it to my solicitor. Please help.

Car accident with a borrowed car that has insurance, but the driver has no license? [ 1 Answers ]

What will happen when there's a car accident, but the driver has no license. There is insurance on the car. The driver was cited. What will happen if there's no damage at all on either vehicle? It was a minor rear-ender. What will happen in Texas?

Car Accident Totaled My Car.. Insurance Paid Out Low Blue Book Can I? [ 2 Answers ]

I was rear-ended Recently That The Insurance called a total lost on my car.. The insurance company paid me out on the low blue book On My vehicle.. The other party's Insurance has not made contact with me... I have to purchase another vehicle... I found a vehicle to purchase but the cost is...

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

View more questions Search