Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halflife1820 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
    My license is suspended but I need insurance
    I just found out my license is suspended, I have a loan on my car and it is in my name. I was wondering if it was possible for my fiancée to get insurance on my car in her name so that she can drive me around seeing that it's the only car we have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 06:41 PM

There are some companies that will insure your car regardless, it may just cost a lot more. And very likely you will be listed as not insured if driving the car.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:00 PM

The insurance has to match the way the car is registered so unless there is a way for her to change the title (and take over the lien) then you will have to carry the insurance.

Is she a listed driver on your policy? If so then I don't see a reason why you couldn't just list her as a driver on your policy for the purpose of being your personal chaffeur until your license is reinstated. [The difference is, the insurance still remains in your name but by adding her to the policy, she will also be insured to drive your vehicle.]

Check with your local agent to find out the best option for you because insurance laws vary from state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my Drivers License be suspended for a year for no insurance ? [ 8 Answers ]

I was in a minor fender bender accident in the store parking lot. I had no insurance at the time. I exchanged drivers license and name and address with other driver. We didn't exchange insurance information though. Week later her insurance company calls me and wants to know my insurance co. name....

License suspended [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Ohio. My question is this. My eighteen year old granddaugter received a speeding ticket . At that time she didn't have her insurance card with her, but she had insurance. She had to send in a copy of her card, which she did, but she sent it to the wrong place. She called the...

Will my license get suspended or not? [ 2 Answers ]

This is Tony from Florida; I have received 4 tickets with in the span of 3 months. My main question is how many times I need to do traffic school course to remove those 4 tickets, is it one time or 4 times. If I don’t do the traffic school course for the next few days will my license gets suspended.

Suspended license affect insurance claim? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an accident and have begun a claim with my insurance co. I have a suspended license (from unpaid ticket) and my plates were expired (long story!) Can or will these factors affect my claim and coverage? Thank you very much.

Suspended License, Allstate Insurance & DUI [ 13 Answers ]

I received a DUI last night because to avoid an accident, I spun out and ran into an house. I had a very low BAC level. I have an Illinois drivers license, and I am a resident of Illinois, however the license is suspended for not showing up to court for traffic violations. The crash happen in...

View more questions Search