Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimlopez68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Can your license be suspended for something you didn't do?
    My husband got in a wreck 7 years ago and a judgement was issued against him. It was a multipal car accident. 1 of the lawyers for the accident not only put a judgement against him, but me also. She was the only one who suspended my license for it.

I contacted the DMV, they said they only suspend someone's license for a traffic accident when 1) They were driving, 2) Owner of the vehicle.

1) I wasn't driving. 2) I wasn't the owner of the vehicle. 3) I wasn't even in the vehicle.

I'm not sure what to do. How long is it when something like this goes off your driving record and you can get your license back? How can I go about getting my license back since I didn't do anything wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in the state of Washington.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 11:14 PM
    You should fight that. I don't see how it is possible for them to do that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Hello kim:

When you spoke to the DMV, didn't you tell them that you WEREN'T driving? If you DID tell them that, what did they say?? If you didn't, THAT is the information they need to have. If they don't believe you, you're going to need a lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2007, 10:01 AM
    You can not officially get it back until the debt is paid, no time limit.

If you were not driving, if your name was not on the car as part owner, then you may hire an attorney and ask for the other verdict to be over turned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended License [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had my license suspended about a year ago for failure to appear in court. I pleaded not guilty to a speeding ticket and missed the court date (out of country), then rescheduled it and missed it again. It’s been over a year now... does anyone know how do I get my license back? Any advice...

Unpaid ticket.suspended license in CT [ 11 Answers ]

I got a ticket last year in August for a stop sign violation... and well I was supposed to pay or plea not guilty well I did neither... yea I know dumb... but anyway now my license got suspended b.c of it and I don't even have the ticket anymore I don't know where to begin to straighten out my...

Suspended license [ 1 Answers ]

My sons license was suspended because he was in an accident with an uninsured vehicle. This happen in the state of Florida and he was 16 when this happen. How can he get his license back. He had no knowledge of the vehicle having no insurance Thanks padovaniv

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search