Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louisvillelo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 02:52 PM
    My daughter was involved in a rear-end collision that was clearly not her fault.
    My daughter was involved in a rear-end collision which she states is the other driver is at fault. The other driver has no insurance and perhaps more; we'll know more when the police report becomes available. The other driver was driving her mother's car and neither has insurance. We live in Kentucky which is a no-fault state. My daughter's insurance will pay for the repairs less a $500.00 deductible. Who is responsible for the deductible? The other driver, the owner of the other car, my daughter? Does no-fault only refer to injury liability? Thank You. Louisvillelo
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2011, 03:01 PM
    The other driver AND the car owner is responsible for the whole cost of repairs. But with no insurance it may be hard to get it from them. Your insurance may help suing them, so talk to your agent or claims handler about that.

Otherwise, you will have to file suit (probably in small claims court) to recover your expenses. If they are at fault your daughter should win, but then collecting may be a'problem.
    louisvillelo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 03:06 PM
    Does a judgement show up on one's credit report? Maybe that would be some leverage to work something out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Yes it does, but if someone is driving without insurance, there credit is likely to already be shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car has a salvage title does that mean it is totalled after rear end collision? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2005 dodge stratus 74000 miles we purchassed it about a yr ago with a salvaged title.Me and my family were in the car when we were rear ended while getting off the freeway. Is it possible that the insurance adjuster will just rule out a total loss?

Rear End Collision - Insurance won't pay fair amount [ 14 Answers ]

Hi As the title says and I am sure no one is surprised. I was rear ended while waiting on a red light. I had an old car which must now be totaled. The car is worth around $2500(KBB). My medical bills were $570 (most covered by my BCBS health insurance). The other party's insurance company wants...

Rear End Collision - Liability Coverage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was driving a friends car who doesn't live in US anymore. He wanted me to sell his car so I was coming from Walmart after getting a new battery and a tire when while waiting on a red light I was rear ended. Its an old car and I had liability coverage on it. I was going to sell the car for...

Who is at fault, head on collision. [ 14 Answers ]

I am at a loss and in total shock this week. Need direction and your opinion. We, out of the blue were hit head on. On Sunday we were driving home from a ballet recital. We being Me, my DH and 2 small children. We were in a Toyota van. DH and I were talking about the evening with the kids...

I was involved in a collision [ 4 Answers ]

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) back in Sep 07. I fractured C2 and was flown to hospital by helicopter. I was released 24 hrs latter and was treated non-surgically with a Miami-J collar. I was in collar for 5 months and lost 7 weeks from work. I am out of collar now and driving...

View more questions Search