Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Damaged shingles, sagging roof, leaks.
    An adjuster came out to inspect my roof, climbed on front half of roof, walked a few steps, took a few pictures, did not walk on backside of roof (which is where the leak is), and informed me she would be back in touch. When she got back in touch, she informed us that the roof was good for three or four more years. If she was so confident of this, then why didn't she precede to walk on to the back side? The roof is leaking due to wind and rain damage.

I found her to be unprofessionally trained. No, I'm not an adjuster, but I have a sagging, leaking roof. She did not even go close to the area in question, did not go up in the attic, walked a few feet on the front section,walked a few feet on the ridge cap, but not once attempted to go near the location of the leak (was it because she was afraid it would fall through because it is not safe?). Now, when it does fall through and I have ten times more damage than I already have, or even worse someone in my home is injured or God forbid killed, then what will this young lady and the insurance company she is employed by do? A few pictures and a couple of steps will not justify that or show what damage had been there originally.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Call you insurance agent and ask for a different adjuster to come and assess the damage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Have you had any roofing companies come out and inspect it and get you an estimate ?

If not, do that also, almost all roofing companies will have a rep that will be there when the adjuster comes out, to show them and argue with them over claim.

The "sagging" is my worry, since that appears to be perhaps more a structure issue and may or may not be storm damage to the roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roof Shingles [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased some new shingles for my roof. I just noticed that they're 4 years old. Is this considered old for new shingles?

Sooty mold on roof shingles [ 4 Answers ]

I have a white composition shingle roof only 2 years old, am getting sooty black mold on large areas. I see other homes with same thing. Is there a product to spray or gently scrub the roof shingles that will clean it? Has anyone tried maybe white spray paint? Seems to be only cosmetic damage, no...

Roof/shingles or metal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roof that drops 9 inches in 13 feet. Can I use regular shingles instead of rolled roofing? If I go with metal panels,can I fasten them right to the new felt or do I need the 3/4 inch strips. ...

Bitumen roof vs shingles [ 0 Answers ]

Hi! I had a bitumen roof installed recently on my roof with a slight slope. The roofer initially quoted us to have composition 30 yr shingles installed, plywood (since there was none installed under the prior roof), sheathing and ridge vent. When the City came to do the roof inspection they told...

Shingles not flat on new roof [ 5 Answers ]

Just had a new roof installed with all new plywood etc. Looks like a fine job except that most of the shingles do not lie 100%flat on the bottom. Someone told me that it's because the weather is still cold (it was installed beginning of December in NY) and that if it were warm, that the shingles...

View more questions Search