Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saurabh7878 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Refrigerator - Consumption of power very high
    Hi all
    My refrigerator has suddenly started consuming the 5000KW(approx) power in a day..
    Can someone tell me that what can be the possible reasons for that

Thanks in advance
    Saurabh
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 07:56 AM
    That is like way out of line by 5 fold or more. Could you tell us how you measured this usage and what drew your attention to the frig? It may help us explain you rpblem. Visit Howstuffworks "How Refrigerators Work" for some info too.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 10, 2007, 01:01 PM
    There could be many reasons. Have you checked and cleaned the condenser coil? Does it have a condenser fan motor if so, is it working? Is it frost free? If so you could have a problem with the defrost cycle, look for ice build up around the evaporator coil inside the freezer compartment and also check the fan motor inside the freezer. It could also have a bad compressor or be low on refrigerant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High Fuel consumption on EFI toyota [ 5 Answers ]

Kindly help , my car a Toyota Corrolla has develped high fuel consuption. For 1 liter I could do 10 kms, but now it has gone down to 1 liter for 6 kms. Some guy around here told me its fuel injectors( Nozzels) , another one told me its something to do with the computer box what could the problem be...

Power bill high [ 1 Answers ]

Had transformer in heat pump unit repaired. Now my power bill is climbing higher and higher.Who should I get to check the surge. Power co. or repair man?:confused:

Computing total power consumption? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have search a broad range of sites trying to find answers regarding computing power consumption for a network. The challenge comes from the fact that this network will only exist on paper and never materialize. I still believe that for the purpose of documentation that it can be...

Power Consumption of Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Would I consume more power to leave a deep freezer in a hot room with no ventilation, or to put a standard box fan that you can buy at walmart behind it blowing the air out through a window?

High fuel consumption [ 4 Answers ]

My Honda Civic 91 DX has bad gas mileage - about 21MPG. What could be the cause of it? I know underinflated tires can cause it, but my tires are properly inflated (as Service Manual states). I have the following items all new, so I should remove them from the list of possible causes: oxygen...

View more questions Search