Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwd77 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2024, 12:54 PM
    Icemaker inside bin not turning
    The motor turns, the cog in the bottom turns, a cog in the top is connected, but the two cogs do not seem to mesh when the ice bin is closed as if they are too far away from each other.
    I took apart the ice bin and the top of the lower part, including the “drive shaft“. There didn’t seem to be anything loose, missing, or broken. Everything went back together, as you would expect.
    Disclosure: I have a habit of letting the ice bin go and slam shut to loosen up the ice cubes. It’s possible the cogs were misaligned and somehow got pushed one way or the other; unlikely though, as the cogs would’ve been held in place
    Any thoughts?

Check out some similar questions!

AC compressor not turning on outside, inside works? [ 0 Answers ]

I think it is a heat pump. I replaced the thermostat batteries and swithched it to "heat" and auto mode. The inside heat pump is turning on and blowing room temp air out the vents. However, no heat. And the outside unit fan and compressor is not on at all. Fuses are good, breaker is fine. It is a...

The water line to our icemaker is frozen. If you manually put water in the icemaker [ 0 Answers ]

The water line to our icemaker is frozen. If you manually put water in the icemaker it will make ice. Freezer is set at zero degrees. How can I get the water line from freezing?

On & Off hissing (or water turning on & off) noise inside walls [ 6 Answers ]

What could it be, when I hear this noise like a water faucet being turned on & off w/in seconds, just within my bathroom wall, which is @ the firewall adjacent to the condo. Next door - while no water in my condo is running anywhere? It almost sounds like a quick spraying of water like you would...

Ice build-up on inside of icemaker [ 0 Answers ]

Frost is building up on the inside of freezer door causing the ice not to come out the door of icemaker

GE icemaker in freezer is squirting water inside the freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side refrigerator with the ice and water in the door. My filter was clogged for about a week causing both the ice and water to stop working. A friend of mine came over and shook the ice bin quite violently trying to get the last bit of ice loosened up. A few days later we...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.