Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serahgithaiga Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 02:21 AM
    How soon can one get pregnant after abortion?
    Am having this pains on my lower abdomen the right side to be precise and I had abortion six months ago .the pain comes and goes en I also av a white discharge sometimes!been trying to get pregnant the past one month but nothing yet?
    JennaC Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Sep 24, 2012, 03:48 AM
    Hi.

As far as I know, you CAN get pregnant sometimes right after abortions and miscarriages, just like you can with childbirth. My mum got pregnant with me 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped from a miscarriage.

It's NOT guaranteed, though, and there is usually a low chance of conception happening, but it can indeed happen. If your abortion was 6 months ago, and you haven't had any complications as a result of it, then you should be able to conceive the same as before the abortion. The biggest thing to remember about reproduction is that every single woman is different, so their chances of getting pregnant vary.

Is this white discharge stretchy? If so, it is probably cervical mucus, which is an indication of ovulation. Cervical mucus is produced to act as a "plug" to keep things either in or out of the uterus. Its thickness will change throughout your menstrual cycle and when you are ovulating will usually be thinner to allow sperm to get inside the uterus (hence why you end up with stretchy white discharge in your underwear during ovulation).

The unfortunate thing about having pains in that area is that it could be a number of things. Having abdominal cramps is not a positive indication of pregnancy, because it's only one symptom. You could simply be constipated - you won't know unless you take a pregnancy test or go see a doctor. If you have any more questions let me know!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Just as soon as you start having sex again. What birth control methods have you been using
    JennaC Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Sep 24, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Just spoke to my friend (she's an OB/GYN) and she confirmed that you can get pregnant as long as there weren't any complications. You are advised not to do anything for two weeks after an abortion since your body is healing from it, so since it's 6 months. Later, you should be able to conceive by this point.

Try to go to fertility websites that give you the option of tracking your periods so you know your most fertile days and when you're ovulating. Good luck and remember this might take some time until you get pregnant - not because of the abortion but just that everyone is different.

Sep 25, 2012, 02:21 AM
    [QUOTE=JennaC;3279318]Hi. Thanks but again wit this pains I recently got my periods and for the discharge its white but not strechy.I had sex three months after the abortion and used epills and that's the time I had the discharge and had a brownish discharge accompanying my periods though its no longer there!

Sep 25, 2012, 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Just as soon as you start having sex again. What birth control methods have you been using
    I used emergency pills only once I have not been using any since that one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion. Pregnant again? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everyone! THe last time I had posted here was when I was questioning if I was pregnant... well I was. I had an abortion July 2 and my doctor told me I would be estremely fertile for the next 2-3 months and be on some srt of protection. Well... not to long after that I had unprotected sex with...

Trying to get pregnant after abortion [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Amanda. First I would like to say I do regret my decision. I had an abortion almost a month ago. I want a baby so bad so me and my husband are trying. My question is when will an egg be released? I understand that every women is different and its almost impossible to tell me an...

Pregnant after an abortion? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had an abortion on March 2nd of this year. I regret it so much. I also have a 2 year old daughter who I love so much. I allowed other people to gas my head up an bring me down with the past pregnancy so I terminated it an I regret it so much. After the abortion they said your supposed to...

I could be pregnant and want an abortion [ 2 Answers ]

I got drunk at a party and... then we went to have sex but it didn't fully go in but I'm afraid he still had spirm on his penis and am scared that I am pregnant. If I am I would get an abortion but how would I go about this without my mum knowing because I am only 14 and how much would it cost?

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search