Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiley200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 03:44 PM
    If you're a illegal immigrate, what are the ways that u can become a permanent resident
    I want to know what are the ways that you can become a permanent resident without marriage and sponsers.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley200 View Post
    i want to know what are the ways that you can become a permanent resident without marriage and sponsers.
    Hi, smiley200!

A permanent resident in what country, please?

Thanks!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 07:18 PM

Basically it's the same in most countries. Once you are illegal, you are not eligible for other type of visas.

In US, if you are illegal and you happen to be selected in DV lotto, you won't be eligible to obtain green card. Marriage to US citizen is the only excuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal immigrate [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone who is married to someone who has a green card and a child with them be deported?

F1 to permanent resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My mother recently won the green card lottery. A present I am in the US with a F1 visa. I heard that For the interviews I would have to go back to my motherland . However, I also heard that the interviews can be done in USA. But I am not sure about the procedure and information regarding...

Permanent resident? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to apply for A skilled independent visa in Australia and I would like to have a PR visa. What are the requirement? What should I do?

View more questions Search