Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albertduffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Rover 600 brakes
    When I apply the brakes on my rover 600 I can feel a knocking in the brake pedal that can also be felt throughout the car. I changed the brake pads and one of the old set showed a little uneven wear. Should I replace the discs or should I be looking somewhere else for the fault?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2006, 07:45 AM
    When you did the brake job, did you grease the caliper pins with silicone caliper pin grease? Calipers need to move freely in-and-out, without binding, on the pins.

If you turned your discs, you may have lateral runout, where the disc(s) is (are) no longer at right angles to the spindle axis. In otherwords, they were ground to the cutting machine's axis, not the spindle's axis. If it looks like that's the problem, look into the Pro-Cut system for correcting the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Brakes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire in a Tekonsha Electric Brake controller into a 1992 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab? Thanks for your replies!

Can't start my Rover [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I've got a strange problem with my rover and I was wondering if anybody can help me out. I travel quite a lot and don't use my car very often. I was travelling a lot these last three months and didn't use my car at all. Today, I decided to start it and I found out that battery was...

Brakes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 dodge intrepid es 78,000 miles abs brakes with traction control I 'am have problems with front brakes draging real bad and brake pedal getting real hard only in stop and go traffic

Problem with brakes [ 2 Answers ]

My brake pedal started acting strange today. Before, when I would press it, the car would brake normally, and the pedal would stand where it is. Today when I press the pedal, it starts braking normally, but then gradually starts braking less... if I keep pressing in the pedal it would brake the...

Brakes [ 1 Answers ]

91 honda accord exr the problem i am having is with my brakes. Sometimes the brakes drag but i have check the sliders and they are okay. Also sometimes when u turn or even going straight u hear a funny noise. Like 2 pieces of metal touching for a second. Any idea?

View more questions Search