Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gurudeve Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Can USA GC holder can go back after 7 month to usa from his native place
    I am having Green card and due to medical reason I am in india since 7 month . Can I go bak if yes, will they create any problem to us.

Secondly if I surrender my GC is it compulsory for them to give m visitor visa if I apply here in my native place
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 2, 2009, 11:52 AM

Yes you can come back to the US. Your permanent residence is permanent unless it is revoked or relinquished. Try to enter soon as it is better if your stay outside the US is less than a year. You should also have evidence and a good reason for your extended stay outside the US.

Additionally, it would be very useful at entry to have evidence of your ties to the US. You should let the CBP officer know that you do not intend to abandon your PR, you have always paid your taxes and you intend to live in the US.

A visitor visa is not automatically granted if you relinquish your permanent residence. In fact it may be more difficult to get depending on the circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Shared House, Month to Month Lease, who is the primary lease holder? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a shared house in NYC and there have been some issues amongst roommates. No one in this house was on the original lease from the landlord as people have moved in/out replacing those people throughout the years. I am the only registered/documented bill payer for the house. Does this...

Lease will finish next month but I didn't find place to move in yet [ 2 Answers ]

We live in this one bed apartment for almost 2 years, I want to move to 2 bed apts because we are now 4 people, But I didn't find the right place yet, Do I have the right to stay until I find the place or What?

Mortgage holder trying to take back property [ 5 Answers ]

I have a problem with the mortgage holder of whom I have a contract for deed with for 2 1/2 years.Says I breached contract by renting the house to a family.He got a 30 day notice(no response)We moved out they moved in.6 Months later he is suing us .Declaring the contract for deed to be in default...

View more questions Search