Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RenaeR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 12:15 AM
    Moving to another country
    I'm considering moving to France. What steps do I need to take to do so legally? I'm not necessarily interested in gaining citizenship at this point, just living in France for a year or so.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 02:42 PM

For what purpose? Basically if you wanted to live there and go to school for a year you could apply for a student visa, if you want to work there you would have to look for a job and a company to sponsor your paperwork.

Without one of those 2 possibilities you wouldn't be allowed to just live there for a year for no reason, unless you have family there who would sponsor you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about moving to another country [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am an American and would like to move to another country to live, work and raise my future children. I don't know where to start. Anyone? Input, comments.. If any one has done it would you please share your experience. Thank you

Declare bankruptcy if moving out of country? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Canadian moving to the U.S. and can't afford to pay my debts. My total debt is around $17,600. I need to know if I should declare bankruptcy since my credit doesn't follow me to the US (as stated to me in an email from one of the Credit bureaus here in Canada).

Moving to a different Country. [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure where to put this, but I'm a teen and I could use advice from adults or people with experience. I'm trying to do a bit of research on this here and there so here goes. I always had this dream to go to Japan. I'm very serious and would take the opportunity. Since as far back in my...

Legal & Custodial Parent Moving out of Country [ 4 Answers ]

My 16 year old son lives with his mom and step-father in Louisiana. She has both legal and physical custody. The decree says I have visitation every other weekend, and alternate holiday, standard stuff. I have always used my visitation each summer since I live in California. My ex has decided...

View more questions Search