Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Divyamgnair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Queries related to L2 visa and EAD.
    Hi,

I reached US on L2 visa in Nov '08.I'll get my SSN soon.After that I'm planning to apply for an EAD.My queries are:

1)What are the documents to be submitted for getting an EAD?
    2)How long will it take to get an EAD?
    3)Since its recession time,its really tough to get a job now. Can I change my visa from L2 to H1 ? If so what are the processes to be followed?

Kindly answer to these questions...

Thanks in advance.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Divyamgnair View Post
    Hi,

I reached US on L2 visa in Nov '08.I'll get my SSN soon.After that i'm planning to apply for an EAD.My queries are:

1)What are the documents to be submitted for getting an EAD?
    2)How long will it take to get an EAD?
    3)Since its recession time,its really tough to get a job now. Can i change my visa from L2 to H1 ? If so what are the processes to be followed?

Kindly answer to these questions...

Thanx in advance.
    You must file form I-765, it should take approx 90 days. Job market is so bad.. if you can find a sponsor who will be willing to sponsor your visa, you may do that, but remember, getting approval on H-1B means you must start working immediately, not to enter US and seek "jobs".
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 12, 2009, 07:52 AM

The only documents you need are your passport, visa, I-94, and marriage certificate. Helpful to have your husbands ppt, visa and L-1 I-94. The L2 EAD is significantly better than the H-1B to the employer, in that the employer does not need to file anything, no filing fees, no April filing for an October start date, no hoping to be selected for the H cap, etc. you do need to stay in L-2 status, if that is an issue. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visa related - L1 and L2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I currently have a valid L2(My husband has an L1) and he would be flying to the US soon. I work for an IT firm in India and would like to know if my company is ready to process my L1, will my L2 be cancelled before my L1 interview itself or only when L1 gets issued will L2 get cancelled....

F1 visa related [ 1 Answers ]

1. After getting admission to a full time graduate program (MS) in US, and before getting necessary douments for visa stamping if one gets married - one should aplly for F1 visa or H4 visa if the partner is having a valid H4 visa. Will the visa officer deny F1 visa to the candidate as getting...

L1 Visa Holder - First Time Filing - Queries [ 3 Answers ]

I moved to the US on 14th Nov 2006 to work under a L1 visa. My salaries are paid by the local offices of my parent company in dollars. I got my W2 form from my employer and need to file my tax. I have my family with me since I came - wife and two kids (3 yrs and 1 yr+), but none of them have an SSN...

View more questions Search