Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelasarnold Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
    How does my on-line love immigrate to the USA
    HI! Im an American citizen who found an on-line love. He lives in Germany (on a visa) but is a Moroccan citizen. I want him to come to the USA to be with me and eventually marry. What is the best way to handle this through immigration? Ive been trying to find my way through the immigration laws and am more confused and discouraged. I would truly appreciate any help that you could give me!
    Angela Arnold
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 10:34 PM

If you are not married, fiancé visa is the best option: How Do I Bring My Fiancé(e) to the United States?

If you are already married, then you can file immigrant visa for spouse of US citizen: How Do I Bring My Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 01:39 PM

I just wanted to add if you have never met this person you will have a hard time, so before filing for either visa go and visit each other.

Fiancée and Marriage visas where there have been no face to face meetings before filing make it seems like your only getting married to get your finacee US citizenship (marriages of convenience)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:36 PM

There are certain requirements for those seeking fiancee's visas that the couple must have met in person during the past 2 years before filing. You need solid proof on this issue.

Long distance relationship can be more like an illusion.. many found out later that they married a total stranger who just want a green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal immigrate [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone who is married to someone who has a green card and a child with them be deported?

Sponsor my wife to immigrate into england [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a pensioner, I would kike to sponsor my wife, who live in Vietnam to immigrate into England, can you tell me how to do it, thanks.

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search