Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieangie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Conditional green card
    My spouse was granted a conditional green card which is only good for 2 years after which we were supposed to file together for the removal of conditions to secure a permanent resident status. We got divorced 6 months after the issuance of the cond. Green card. Can we remarry and file together the I-751 next year and explain that we had problems, did the divorce, but decided to get back together and work things out, or is it too late.

Thank you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Conditional green card was automatically revoked when you divorced, so you cannot file I-751 now.

You can re-marry but to obtain LPR status for him, you would need to file a new I-130, I-485, etc. It's recommended to have experienced immigration attorney take care of this issue as USCIS may have doubt that your marriage is a sham marriage or not. You have a lot of work to do to prove that your marriage is genuine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Green card [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I have a question about my stat in this country. I been here for 18yrs and I have not able to get my green card or a workpermit. What can I do? {moved from Introductions-<>}

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the usa for 14 years and would like to know how can I obtain a green card?I went to elementry school,middle school and finally graduated from High school.What can I do?

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My mom has a green card but she left usa last year . She is coming back in April . Q... you thing she is going to have a problem coming back?

Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for my renewal green card 10 years exp 11/13/06. I have not rec'd it yet but will travel outside country and return 11/10/06 3 days before exp date. My passport up to date. Is this OK?

View more questions Search