Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gurpreetkonsal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 06:52 AM
    I & my wife, we both are on WHM here in uk,how to apply for PR
    I and my wife, we both are on working holiday maker visa and we enter here in Feb. 2008. And now my wife is pregnant and we like to apply for P.R or HSMP or work permit. We both are qualified and doing work and paying tax.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Visa for Work Holidays Program is short-term non-immigrant visa and in order to change your status while in UK, you would need to prove that you are qualified for that certain type of status, i.e. if you want to stay and work legally, then you need to find a job that the employer is willing to sponsor you a visa. Having a pregnant wife is not the reason to stay. As a matter of fact, both of you should return to your home country before she's not allowed to board the plane. Having a baby born in UK does not make parents eligible to become permanent residents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not filed return, need to apply ITIN for wife [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on short term with my wife in Mar 2007 and went back in June 2007. I was on H1 and my wife on H4 visa. I need to apply the tax return for myself . For applying as married filing jointly , I need to have ITIN for my wife. Please let me know how to proceed on this. I checked...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Apply for ITIN for my wife from India [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Ganesh B. I hold valid H1 visa and my wife holds valid H4 visa. We both travelled USA on Feb 18 2006 and returned back to India on Jan 6 2007. Now we both are in India. Now I need tio file my US Tax Returns. Can I apply for ITIN for my wife now ? Please advice.

View more questions Search