Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dryergirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer not heating
    My 6-year-old Kenmore Elite gas dryer isn't heating. I hear the gas come on, and light, but it doesn't sound like it used to -- it seems to die off quickly, not stay strong. It sounds weak, or something. We had the dryer serviced about 2 years ago because of a faulty control panel, but the control panel had been beeping constantly and wouldn't kick into the selected mode. The serviceman also adjusted the thermostat.

Lately it's seemed to take longer to dry the clothes, but as of yesterday, regardless of "High heat" setting or anything of the kind, the clothes are still sopping wet.

We have an unusually long dryer vent to the outside that hasn 't been cleaned in a few years, and I've scheduled that for this week as well as a Sears repairman to come out, but wanted to hear anyone's thoughts about what the problem might be.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Cleaning out the dryer vent and all air passages where lint can build is a good place to start.
    jed96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Good place to start is cleaning the lint out (take bottom front cover off) & disassemble black cover inside (1 hex screw I believe) & vacumming out. But if that doesn't work, you should clean your temperature sensors. They get covered with fabric softener from the washer or dryer sheets. They are located inside the dryer. Open the door, look down on the inside (right below the grate where the lint goes in the lint screen). They look like (2) 4inch metal rods. Clean them gently with emery cloth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer Runs But No Heat and Won't Dry Model No.110.70932990

Sears Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer mod.110.70092991 [ 6 Answers ]

My 3-yr.old Kenmore Elite Gas dryer has been doing very odd things! After running a load, when the dryer shuts off, or I shut it off (clear it), the touch control panel goes dead. No lights are lit. If you push the touch pad for various cycles it will not do anything. You can also push...

Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore elite gas dryer sometimes makes my clean clothes smell like gas. Any suggestions why? It is new I had the gas company come there is no gas leak. And sears was no help. Its very inconsistent as to when it happens not that offten but it does sometimes.

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer about 4 years old with a dial timer , it shuts down about every 4 minutes and sometimes stays a running through the full cycle. After it shuts down I can restart the dryer with no problem , the motor sounds good... Thanks for any help Joey

Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer Not Heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer (electric) that is not heating. I pulled the toe panel so I could clean it out to see if that was the problem. After I cleaned it out I ran a short cycle and still no heat. I also noticed the heating coil did not change. Should these get hot, turn red during a drying...

View more questions Search