Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amulyasuneetha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Immegration law
    My husband is in uk in student visa. I will go to dependent visa. In my side what documents I need .Please once tell.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 01:11 AM

A spouse or civil partner must be able to provide proof of relationship, that they intend to live with the student as partners, and that there is sufficient accommodation and funding. If a student is given a visa for 12 months or more, their spouse/ civil partner will usually be permitted to work full-time without restrictions, but earnings from this work cannot be used for funding on the initial visa application. Usually, students with families will be required to show definite arrangements for accommodation, which is not a requirement for single students.

A child of a student visa holder can also come to the UK with them, provided they have proof of the relationship, are under 18, unmarried and not independent, and funding and accommodation are in place. Someone who is in the UK as a child of student who becomes 18 can apply to remain in the UK as a dependent, despite their age. A child of student is permitted to attend UK government funded ‘maintained’ schools, but is expected to leave the UK with their parent.

Dependents of students must apply on a separate application form, and pay a separate fee. Applications can be made either at the same time as the student application, or when the student visa has been issued, either before or after the student has travelled to the UK. It is essential that official documents (marriage/ civil partnership certificates, birth certificates) are included with the application, as well as proof of funding and accommodation. If the Student Visa has already been issued, provide a copy of this, and a copy of the key information on the passport.

The application for a Student Dependent Visa uses the same form as the Student Visa, VAF3, or a similar online version, and not the form VAF4 – Husbands, Wives and Partners. On the VAF3, dependents should not complete the section ‘6.1 – Student’, but should complete the section ‘6.2 – Dependent’. The ‘Sponsor’ referred to is the Student visa applicant or holder, not the financial sponsor. Full documentation explaining the financial support for each dependent must be included with the application.

Check this link:
    UK Border Agency | Home Page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search