Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahbradfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 01:01 PM
    2000 honda accord
    p1486 manufactur control auxiliary emissions controls on 2000 honda accord what does that mean what needs to be replaced
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 06:56 AM
    This can be a tricky code to diagnose if you don't have the right tools and equipment.

DTC P0128 and/or P1486 can set occasionally just because the hood is opened. If your DTC during conditions other than that, read the following:

Check the engine coolant level. Is the engine coolant level low?
    YES - Refill the engine coolant. If necessary, check the cooling system.
    NO - Go to step 2.

Turn the ignition switch ON, and make sure the A/C is off.
    Check the radiator fan. Does the radiator fan keep running?
    YES - Check the radiator fan circuit with A/C model or without A/C model, radiator fan switch circuit, and the radiator fan switch. If the circuits and the switch are OK, substitute a known-good ECM/PCM and recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away, replace the original ECM/PCM.
    NO - Test the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX. My brake lights are not working. I was in a car accident in 8/2007 and I was rear ended. I had the body of my car worked on. I noticed this week that my brake lights weren't working. I took it back to the body shop because they made some errors in the body work of...

2000 Honda Accord 4-cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord 4-cylinder. The lights on my dash clock and my odometer (as well as low fuel light) are not lit up. Also when I use my door lock alarm, it does not beep anymore when I lock the doors. Could it be a fuse and what and where is the fuse I am going to need to replace?

2000 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

My Honda Accord has an automatic transmission. When I put my car in reverse to pull out of our driveway which is slightly downhill, the car will move a little, them there is a bump sound and then it continues in reverse. It sounds like I ran over something, but I haven't. I'm thinking it has...

2000 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove the stereo in a 2000 Honda Accord?

View more questions Search