Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airvent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Basement return air vent
    Carrier, modal 58MAC120-20, direct air forced air furnace, seven years old in a 2,700 square foot home seven years old. The basement is 1,200 square feet, open and half finished, has two supply air regesters and no return air vent. What size "opening" is recommended for this area?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2006, 10:43 AM
    You will find that this is an debatable issue. One professional will tell you you should not have them and another will say you should. In your case, were you advised, based on some symptom you're having, that you should add them?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Apr 13, 2006, 07:51 AM
    A small 8" X 20" return would be fine...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Air Return Vent [ 23 Answers ]

I have a small 850sqft condo. Lived her a couple of years. I have an old Borg Warner 65000 input BTU/HR unit. Model P3UGD080N6501A. Its an older unit. There is only one return in the condo which is located on the far side of the living room, connecting directly to the HVAC unit which is on the...

Basement Bathroom Vent [ 6 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement. It has roughed-in plumbing under the slab for a bathtub, sink and toilet tied to pit for a sewage ejector pump to pump up to the municipal sewer. There is a 2" capped PVC pipe protruding from the first floor bathroom, which is directly above this bathroom. I am...

Basement wet-bar vent [ 2 Answers ]

My basement is finished w/ 1/2 bath & wet bar. Bathroom sink drains to the rough-in meant for shower drain (long story). On other side of wall, wet bar drains into the same drain as the bathroom sink. Both sinks have their own p-traps (plus the rough-in trap under concrete), but neither has...

Return vent/duct [ 4 Answers ]

I have a few questions regarding my cold house. I have 2 very large what I was told are returns in the floor in different rooms. One is connected by duct work to the furnace. The other is just open and I can see right into the basement through the grate. Do I need to leave the "open" one...

Basement Vent Question [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to layout a basement bathroom for a new construction home. Please view the attached file to see a schematic. I would like to place a vent behind the sink, and next to the bath. I'm not sure if this is adequate for the toilet placed between them. I was going to place the vent...

View more questions Search