Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missyE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Neighbour reporting
    I am hoping you may be able too help me with my problem. I am a single parent of 4,2 of which have now left home,leaving my 11 yr old n 4yr old sons at home with me. I am registered partially sighted and I suffer with lymphoedema and I am undergoing tests as my thyroid gland may be underactive,so at this time my life is somewhat hectic with health issues. My 11 yr old son has dyspraxia and I am first time granma of a 16 week old little girl,whom I have stay with me as my daughter is finding it very difficult too cope alone with her.
    I moved into my present home just over a year ago and find that there are only two families on my street with young children ,the rest are elderly .
    My problem is with my next door neighbour who has for some unknown reason taken it upon herself too make false accusations against myself and my family reporting anti social behavior which she says is directed towards her from my family... I have attended the appointments made by my housing office in order too hear these fabricated and false accusations and too respond too this ,which in each instance is a total shock too hear these lies made by my neighbour, with whom I don't even speak to wotsoever,as I keep myself too myself and rarely am I able too even go outdoors due too health issues.
    My neighbour has even knocked on my door at 1am and stated my kids were throwing food at her car!! My kids were in bed and had been since around 9pm...
    She also made accusations that my 4 yr old had climbed over her back wall,crawled into her house via a 'cat flap'had been looking around her house then left threw the cat flap and climbed back over the wall .my son was at his fathers and after she had yelled at me what had took place my son pulled up in his dads car and was dropped bakhome...

Despite this my houseing officer hhas no proof wotsoever with regards ANY of the accusations made by my neighbour and yet they still appear too be taking her word without any evidence too back up her complaints as true.
    The houseing askked if I would consider mediation which I agreed too although I was not sure why mediation was needed when I had no problem with my neighbour at that time until the frequent complaints were made too the houseing... my neighbour however refused mediation...
    My neighbour has passed comments about young children should not be living on the street it shuld be elderly residence only...
    The complaints have gotten more frequent and each time the houseing has not investegated her complaints despite my requesting they do so by asking other neighbours if I was causing any such problems... its gotten so bad that now my kids can't even use the trampoline in my front garden as she complains about it too the houseing!. my 11 yr old son has weight problems and is under a dietician and uses the trampoline too help with his weight problem,. but he can't use it because of my neighbours now saying he's jumping on it till early hours...
    I am now so sttressed and my health is suffering because of all this , I don't understand why the houseing are believing her word only and not investigating.
    She has a history aparently of cusing problems similar too this with other neighbours on the street before we moved here.
    Its now gotten so bad that my neighbour is acting towards not only myself and my kids but anyone who visits my home in an antagernizing manner and gives 'nasty looks/glareing' too anyone associated with me ,she's constantly in and out of her house putting scraps of paper into her bin then slamming her door closed ,I've told my family/friends too just ignore her and yesterday I received another complaint made from my houseing officer stating that I and my friends are out late at night drinking and shouting and swearing in the street till early hours and the housing has stated that 'this behaviour is too stop' or actions will be taken too issue a possession order and we will be thrown out of our home... if need be noise monitoring equipment will be installed too monitor the noise level from us... no proof or witnesses too verify ANYTHING this woman has accused us of ever doing...
    We have done absolutely nothing wrong and have as far as myself and also neighbours I've asked myself if we are in any way a 'nuisance ' family aand not 1 has agreed with my neighbour making the complaints.. .
    I don't know what too do as its unbelivable that the houseing has acted upon 1 persons fabrications and state if another complaint is made we will lose our home...
    I don't know who I cann get any help from .were living like prisoners as she is reporting us for even talking at my garden gate with a friend...
    My health is suffering a great deal with all this stress and I have even found my eyesight too have completely gone for a cpl weeks due too stress .
    My apologies for having gone on and on with regards this but I didn't know what too do and I'm so worried
    Any help received from anyone will be so greatly appreciated
    Thank you so much for uur time .
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
    I am sorry to hear about this horrid neighbor of yours. The woman is obviously mentally unbalanced and short of moving there is nothing you can do to keep her from taunting you. I had horrid neighbors in the past and the only remedy I could use was the "move the heck away" from them. I know you probably can't move away, but in the meantime have you spoken to any of your other neighbors and discovered any other people she has truly taunted in the past and what did those people do? Move? Fight her? Ignore her? You must have done something to this woman, no matter how small or slight, for her to be acting so irrationally towards you and your family?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
    It is obvious this elderly person is, well nuts, have other kids confused with your kids or something. You need to file a complaint that she is harassing you, maybe even file for a restraining order against her.
    Also see if legal aid in your area can help, write a letter demanding that no action be taken without proof and that there are all lies in the reports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Like a girl who is my neighbour [ 7 Answers ]

Sir, I like a girl who is my neighbour.I like her very much and I told her indirectly also.I know she understands but talk only when she want something from me and her requirement is related to help her in job only.she got job near to my building .Pls solve my two problems 1)I want to talk to her...

Neighbour paints your house [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have moved into a brand new property, their house borders the neighbours back garden, the builders neglected to put any fence or wall between the two, the neighbours have painted half of the side of one of the house walls green, so my parents have an odd coloured house now, they have a...

Neighbour problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... we live in a duplex and bought it 6 yrs ago after renting it for 2 years... The other half is owned by a family of 4. the parents are well in their 70's and kids are in their 30's... until this summer we were living together pretty good... but... The old man had come over to wish my...

View more questions Search