Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ammo1220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Hardwood floors
    I am considering purchasing a new home built last summer. I noticed that the hardwood floors seem to have areas that are uneven. Mainly in the areas between doorways where there is transition from each of the rooms. Other areas feel like the edges of the boards are raising up. Is there a need for concern? Could there be an underlying problem with the subfloor? The house has a crawlspace.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Is this real wood floors or are they laminate flooring?
    bettyjane1244 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 05:23 PM
    They are laminate,over cerment floor
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 08:56 PM

Betty - it's best to pass this home up as there is obviously moisture intrusion into the floor and it won't go away on it's own but will just get worse over time where you will have to replace the entire wooden laminate floor as it will be so warped you'll be throwing your money away buying this home now with the uneven floor problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New engineered hardwood floors - nailed down & now gaps [ 30 Answers ]

We installed new tongue and groove engineered 5/8" hardwood flooring in our kitchen this spring. I was hesitant because I didn't know how the wood would hold up in a kitchen, but we were going for a rustic look. The flooring guy at Home Depot said the hardwood would hold up just as well or better...

Hardwood Floors [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Hardwood Floor over concrete ? I have done them over wood, but never over concrete and I am looking for any inout/experience on this matter. Thanks

Hardwood Floors [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have carpet installed in all of my rooms except the kitchen. I know that we have hardwood floors under the carpet. I would like to convert to hardwood floors. Could you tell me the procedure for sanding and refinishing hardwood floors? In addition, an area of my den floor is warped...

Cleaning Hardwood Floors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving into an apartment that has hardwood floors in a couple of areas. I wanted to know what the best way to clean them. What chemicals to use, etc. Thank you for your assistance.

Smell in my fridge after having my hardwood floors refinished [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my hardwood floors refinished throughout my house. I expected some odor when using the dryer initially however I did not expect the fridge to be affected. Everything in the refrigerator seems to have an odor... even stuff that is wrapped (like a loaf of bread from the freezor) its...

View more questions Search