Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mihindu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Edge detection algorithm
    Hi all.
    I need your help in implementing a hough trasform to find pupil and iris. I need to implement iris recognition algorithm for my final year project. It is part of project. So anyhow I need to find methology to edge detection algorithm. Help to do this. Time is going fast. (source code also required [canny or sobel] )
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 24, 2007, 09:24 AM
    I tried to look up the hough transform. It seems like there are many parts of the algorithm that are outside my area of expertise, however, you asked to help implement the transform. Can you provide pseudo-code and a programming language and maybe someone can help outline some of the pieces?

Or are you just asking for help implementing canny or sobel edge detection?
    In that case, try looking at Edge Detection Tutorial and Canny Edge Detection Tutorial
    It seems that those two pages are a tutorial on how to implement canny and sobel algorithms.

If you have any specific implementation questions please ask. I'm sure you realize that we are not here to do your work for you, especially when it comes to a final year project.
    mihindu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 09:15 PM
    First of all I'll thanks for you.

These two articals are enough to start my part. I know final year projects are very complex and do lot of things to start. Any way I found good path from you. Thanks.

About this forum:
    Very fast requesting for questions. Answers are very strathforword and well focus.

(don't worry about my written skill).
    k_hadavand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 01:26 AM
    [QUOTE=asterisk_man;338084]

Hi ,
    I need a m-file in matlab for Iris Localization in image.

Thanks a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutters edge chain saw [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cutters edge(jonsered) chain saw used in the fire service, it will not start, very weak spark, most of the time no spark. I replaced the module and the spark is the same very weak. Is there a coil or a set of points under the flywheel. Any and ALL help is appreciated. Thanks, Jim:confused:...

View more questions Search