Ask
    pookietina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Trampoline permission form
    Forms parents have to sign so there childern can get on
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 08:14 AM

Signing any form makes no difference - you cannot waive your legal rights, including your right to sue in the event of an injury. These forms are meaningless.

This is the same as requiring passengers in your car to sign a release that if there's an accident they will not sue - you cannot waive your right to file a lawsuit if there is an injury.

- and I'm a liability investigator. I see these forms all the time. They are meaningless.

This is a legal question, not a home security question. I have asked that it be moved.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This is a legal question, not a home security question. I have asked that it be moved.
    It's a legal issue, but not really a question.

Does OP want us to draft a form?

Does OP want us to tell him how his children can get on (whatever it is) withouit signing the form? Not going to happen.

It's all about "assumption of risk". If the parent signs the form and the kid later gets hurt, parent cannot say later "I didn't know that there was a risk of such-and-such happening."
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 10:09 AM

Doesn't work that way in NY where I investigate these matters. Somebody gets hurt, there's a hint of negligence (child too young, child too light, child horsing around, too many kids on the tramp, not enough supervision - and that's a killer) there IS a lawsuit and the child/parents DO collect. I do 3 or 4 of these (at least) a year.

Same thing as a passenger in your car - have passengers sign every form "you" can come up with. They are meaningless. There is SOME assumption of risk but a LOT depends on the age of the child.

And, yes, I'm not exactly what the question is.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 12:28 PM

Make sure you have excellent home guest liability insurance as you will certainly be using it should you get a tramp for all the kids in the neighborhood to use. Be sure it has high sided fencing so the little darlings won't just happily bounce off and break their necks. At least that will cut down on some of the injuries. And yes, your homeowners liability premises insurance rates will go sky high once the little darling's parents sue the pants off you in court and win. Is this tramp really, really that important for your family to have? Can't you come up with something more creative such as the smaller rebounder tramps sold? They at least can come with handles to hold onto while bouncing away and can be kept indoors in the nec room away from the neighbor's doppy kids to injure themselves on.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Make sure you have excellent home guest liability insurance as you will certainly be using it should you get a tramp for all the kids in the neighborhood to use. Be sure it has high sided fencing so the little darlings won't just happily bounce off and break their necks. At least that will cut down on some of the injuries. And yes, your homeowners liability premises insurance rates will go sky high once the little darling's parents sue the pants off you in court and win. Is this tramp really, really that important for your family to have? Can't you come up with something more creative such as the smaller rebounder tramps sold? They at least can come with handles to hold onto while bouncing away and can be kept indoors in the nec room away from the neighbor's doppy kids to injure themselves on.

Quite some time ago - remember the post about the kid who climbed the fence and "tramped" himself into the trunk of a tree?

Lawsuit. Homeowners lost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline physics [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 and doing a science project with free fall on the trampoline. She wants to attach a scale to herself and see what she weighs when on the trampoline and what she weighs when in the air or microgravity. I assume this all has to do with Newton's 2nd law of motion. However when I...

Form 8223, form 8316 and form 843 for F-1 student (India) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an International student (from India) doing my MS in Computer Science in NY. I worked for a month on CPT in 2009 and I got a w-2 form from my employer recently. And I realized that my employer did withheld Medicare Tax and social Security Tax. And I asked him to refund the SS Tax and...

Trampoline waiver/permission [ 3 Answers ]

just recently received a trampoline from g-ma and g-pa for x-mas for the kids. I would like someone to email me a free waiver form that will protect us from being liable if god for bid someone was hurt on our new tramp. they are like $25-50:mad: online. Sorry but I can't afford that....

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

MN Trampoline Liability Waiver Form [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a 14' trampoline for my daughter and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a Liability Waiver Form for the trampoline for Minnesota? Thank you

View more questions Search