Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLFL4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Can you have a fox as a pet in Ontario Canada?
    I live in ontario,
    Aand I have wanted a fox for a while,
    And I wanted to know if I can actually keep one in my home.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2010, 08:38 AM

I would have to say no to the fox, not because there may be a law against it but you would be keeping a wild animal that needs to be in its own habitat with is own kind. We have several foxes living in our neighbourhood and they are mostly nocturnal as far as I can see. I only see them at just before dawn going back into their burrows.

Tick

Tick
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 1, 2010, 11:06 AM

I agree with Tickle.

The question you should be asking is not can I, but should I.

This is a wild animal, not one bred to be a pet. You may want one, but you'd be doing a great disservice to the animal.

Also, you have no idea how to domesticate an animal like this, one that can become aggressive, bite, or worse. This is not something a novice should take on.

If you're interested in foxes, learn about them, watch them in the wild (if you have the opportunity), maybe find a place where you can work with them (the local zoo, a wild animal rescue), but don't attempt to keep a fox as a pet.

Also, there's the legality issue. Most wild animals are illegal to keep.

Dogs are great pets, and very similar to foxes in a lot of ways. Maybe stick with that. :)

Good luck.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 04:51 AM

I agree with Alty and Tick. Aside from it not being a very good idea to introduce a wild animal in to your home (also kind of cruel, don't you think?), most people who have wild animals need to have special papers and licenses for them.

Altenweg mentioned a good point, check out your local wild life conservatory, they are always in need of volunteers, and you may just get your experience handling the foxes.
    RahbaamZaevie Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Don't take there answer as a referance, they just express their openion which sounds silly. You may ask a vit or a lawyer for advice.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 07:10 PM

What's a vit?
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 09:07 AM

I think a vit is a vitamin.

I don't know why you'd want to ask a vitamin for advice, seeing as it's an inanimate object, but then Rahbaam's post is pretty out there to begin with, so it's in keeping with his/her theme. :)
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 09:11 AM

Now, seeing as this is an old thread, I'll close it and we can end the debate.

Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy in Ontario Canada [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I live in ontario canada. I am just wondering.. If you are a full time employee. Can they garnish your wages or will they for that matter.. if you do plan on going bankrupt. And how long does it take to be able to take out a load through a bad/good credit place for ex. A car loan??

Statute of limitations ontario canada [ 1 Answers ]

If statute of limitations has run out and I am not bound to a loan any longer does that effect my credit? Would I be able to buy a home under my name.

SOL Ontario Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I had lent my boyfriend 1800$, we broke up July 2006. I have email confirmation of small sums of repayment ($200) and email conversations of me asking for repayment. In August 2007 I have an email outlining a repayment schedule, and have not received anymore money since August 2007....

SOL in Ontario Canada [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been separated for 9 years and we have nothing on paper. We have one child together and I do pay money every month. What is the SOL for the length we have been separated? Is it an automatic Divorce because of how long we have been separated? Thanks..

Debt collection in ontario canada [ 1 Answers ]

With regard to my previous post, even though I am making regular monthly payments, can the agency still take further actions against me?

View more questions Search