Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmjordan77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 05:03 PM
    HELP!! Replacing Frigidaire Dryer rear Bearing Kit
    Hi,
    I am having some trouble, Can someone Please help!
    I have a Frigidaire dryer. I have the new rear bearing kit (Part 5303281153 ) if you Google this part you will see the parts in this kit. Here is the trouble I am having 2 things mainly.
    1st - I tapped the screw holes on the rear plate, I was told to do this before I started or I would have a heck of a time when getting it on. I am trying to figure out, Do I install the plate on the back of the DRYER Drum 1st, then Put the drum on? Or do I put the Plate in the cup of the wall kit, then put the drum on and then screw them up together?

2nd, The "cup" on the wall has a small bearing. I can't figure out how to get the bearing to stay in the little hole. After I put in some grease, or even without any grease the bearing just won't stay in the little grove hole. The 1 time I got it to stay on, I tested it by sliding the Plate and ball in the "cup" and the bearing Popped out the back?? So, I am trying to figure out just exactly how far the Plate with "trailer ball" should go into the cup. Does it go all the way into the cup down to the bottom? Or does it sit above the small ball bearing and spin on that? If so, how do you prevent the bearing from sliding out into the bottom of the cup. Or if you when the trailer ball is down in the bottom of the cup, how do you prevent the bearing from popping out the back?
    I have all stuff taken apart and I just need these few steps to help me and I will get this thing fixed.

I SINCERELY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP!!
    THank you!
    Chad
    cmjordan77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmjordan77 View Post
    Hi,
    I am having some trouble, Can someone Please help!
    I have a Frigidaire dryer. I have the new rear bearing kit (Part 5303281153 ) if you google this part you will see the parts in this kit. Here is the trouble i am having 2 things mainly.
    1st - I tapped the screw holes on the rear plate, I was told to do this before I started or I would have a heck of a time when getting it on. I am trying to figure out, Do I install the plate on the back of the DRYER Drum 1st, then Put the drum on? or do I put the Plate in the cup of the wall kit, then put the drum on and then screw them up together?

2nd, The "cup" on the wall has a small bearing. I can't figure out how to get the bearing to stay in the little hole. After I put in some grease, or even without any grease the bearing just wont stay in the little grove hole. The 1 time I got it to stay on, I tested it by sliding the Plate and ball in the "cup" and the bearing Popped out the back??? So, I am trying to figure out just exactly how far the Plate with "trailer ball" should go into the cup. Does it go all the way into the cup down to the bottom? Or does it sit above the small ball bearing and spin on that? If so, how do you prevent the bearing from sliding out into the bottom of the cup. or if you when the trailer ball is down in the bottom of the cup, how do you prevent the bearing from popping out the back?
    I have all stuff taken apart and I just need these few steps to help me and I will get this thing fixed.

I SINCERELY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP!!!!!!
    THank you!
    Chad
    I forgot to Mention
    MODEL ---- FSE748GFS0
    Serial # ---- XD90495832
    01/99 year
    Frigidaire Gallery Heavy Duty

Thank you!!
    Chad
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2010, 06:57 PM

Okay, here's how to install that kit.

Replace the ball shaft that mounts to the drum while the drum is out of the dryer.

To install the plastic bearing (your "cup"), get a helper to hold the metal piece to the back of the machine while you work from the front.

Put a little grease in the spot for the metal ball bearing. Put the ball in place. Put the metal bracket that goes around the plastic in place. Carefully put the assembly up in place to the back of the machine. Run the two screws into place.

Then reassemble the dryer.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a bad rear drum bearing on a GE gas dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a GE gas dryer that is 12 years old. It is now squeeking very loudly when drying a load. I tool off the front door and I see the small plastic slide guides are in place and look to be in somewhat good condition. The loud squeek noise seems to be coming from the rear of the drum - I think....

Frigidaire Dryer Bearing - Hole Function [ 7 Answers ]

The rear bearing for my Frigidaire dryer has a three screw holes and another larger hole in it. What is the purpose of the larger hole? Thanks

Frigidaire Dryer Bearing or Roller? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer about 7 YO it has started to allow clothes to get stuck between the drum and the bottom of the outer opening. They get stuck which ruins them leaving a burn mark on the clothes. If I reach inside the drum I can push the front up about 1 inch which closed the gap where the...

Screwing rear bearing "plate" onto drum of Frigidaire dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm working on my Frigidaire dryer and was looking for any tips/tricks to finishing my project and came across this site. I am replacing the rear bearing (it was squealing incredibly loudly, as well as I was having some tiny pieces of clothing get caught between the front of the drum...

Rear bearing on General Electric clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear bearing on dryer model DDE6500GALAD? I can put a drop of oil on it from the rear of the dryer and it stops squeaking for a few loads but then starts again. I can't find any documentation for it on the GE site. Thanks

View more questions Search