Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tswifty81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Can an employer tell someone you were terminated for failing a drug test?mation
    I was recently let go from a job because of a drug test I did not pass. I am a medical marijuana patient in California. The company stated that I was terminated for inaccurate paper work signed by me; not for failing a drug screening. Is my past employer allowed to tell other companies including the employment department that I failed my drug test? I think if you state one thing on paper work, that should be all you are allowed to say. What do you think?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jan 16, 2010, 12:50 PM

Did you sign any paperwork giving permission to reveal the results of your drug testing? I think that if you failed a drug test and got fired because of it, and still used that as a reference for a new job, the old employer would be able to say you were fired, and why.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2010, 01:07 PM

If it was a company required drug test, ( one the company required) yes they may give out this info, since it is work related. If they are going to fire you for another reason, then it is doubtful they will, since it appears they are being nice to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.

Can my PO drug test me if I am not on drug related probation? [ 11 Answers ]

That's pretty much my question

Accused of failing a drug test that violated me for probation [ 1 Answers ]

The judge order me to do a drug test in 48 hrs ask me if I was pass I told him I would. I take adderall 15mg xr which would show positive for amphetamines. I haven t smoke for 30 days and I have been clean. I went to my first day of probation and they told me I fail my drug test for marijuana and...

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation

View more questions Search